RPGWatch - Graal Seeker Interview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
I had the chance to interview French developer Lugludum about their new Tactical RPG game called Graal Seeker on Indiegogo. To get you all stated here is sample.

Couchpotato: The website mentions the game will have choice and consequences how will they work? I'm also curious if they will alter the game world as you proceed through the campaign?

Lugludum: As mentioned before, all choices made in the game are analysed to make a profile of the player and lead him to a specific Graal quest. Indeed, the Graal can take different forms depending on the Graal Seeker's choices. So he could be redirected to a Christian story, Pagan story, or even something esoteric. For example, if the player always helps Christians and kills Pagans, we will definitely propose to him a Christian quest for the Grail. And of course, if he encounters Morgan, she will be his enemy and vice versa.
More information.

I wasn't even aware of this game before your interview, and I'm glad to have heard about it. It makes me happy that post-Roman England has gotten so much positive press in movies and games in the last ten or so years. It's such a fascinating time.

I have to admit to not being so fond of this game's artistic style and general layout, though I do wish it every success, and I'll enjoy reading about it just the same. :)

Edit: Not a bad UI, though...

Last edited:
The time when the Romans were leaving and Saxons (=Angeln und Sachsen) and Picts invading Britannia is a very interesting and exciting period in English history.

Nice interview - Thank you Couch and Lugludum!

Did they elaborate on why they're using flexible funding (aka money for nothing) ?

Did they elaborate on why they're using flexible funding (aka money for nothing) ?

Just read the interview:
Couchpotato: I have to ask in-case the game doesn't get funded do you have a backup plan in place? I also have to ask can you guarantee a complete game, and the money earned won't be wasted?

Lugludum: If we don't reach our crowdfunding goal, the game will be still released. But it will be a hard road to finish it and it will be delayed (I don't know how many months). I will have to work simultaneously for other companies in order to raise the missing budget for the project and it can be long. Every dollar from the crowdfunding campaign will save us some time and spare some stress. I have already put my soul and my money in this project, so be sure that I don't like to waste my money and we will finished the game no matter the difficulties we encounter.

Pledged. Would have given more than 10 bucks but I don't see this project picking up the steam it needs anytime soon.

Lugludum said:
It's hard to find the Graal and there is a persistent feature that only works until you find a Graal. For example, the Bard has a great feature that allows you to create a poem or a song that will help your next seeker if you don't find the Graal in this game.

Good idea! It fits nicely into the game world and concept.
But I dont like those children-esque characters with big heads and tiny legs and arms. These heroes should search for the grail? It seems that graphic artist for the most part ignored concept art which looks much better.

Anyway its pretty nice project. Thanks for interview, Couch.

Note - if you like world of Arthurian legends, Pagans/Christians, Sidhe, giants, mystical sanctuaries… you can also try good strategy/RPG King Arthur from Neocore (preferably the first one).

Note - if you like world of Arthurian legends, Pagans/Christians, Sidhe, giants, mystical sanctuaries… you can also try good strategy/RPG (preferably the first one).
I actually enjoyed all the King Arthur games from Neocore. Though I agree the first one is the better game of the series. Hopefully they will make another one.

Back
Top Bottom