KnightShift??

Voxclamant

Watchdog
Anyone know this title?

It just showed up on one of the DL sites for $5. I never heard of it. A quick google shows a website saying it was launched in 2003-4.

Good game? Worth a try??

The first RPG by the guys who made Two Worlds. An RTS / RPG mix, AFAIR.

I bought it retail for 10€. A SE with 200 page manual and sound track.

It wasn't worth it. The game is seemed totally mediocre. Simply nothing going for it, and the humor didn't click for me.

Play the Spellforce series instead. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but it's in a different league.

To me it would be worth the $5, though I paid a bit more back in the day. It's not a "good" game by any means, but at times it can be painful yet entertaining. The novelety as cows as a resource is kind of interesting and the units you can create are worth trying out. I never made it past the second act in the game, though I've had far worse gaming experiences. Never finished Two Worlds though either...maybe with Two Worlds 2 they will have finally found the right magic to keep me playing. Good ideas, many unique. Quality engines, and art. Could be budgetary reasons or translation but hopefully the sum will finally be greater than its parts. Here's to hoping.

Definately concur with the Spellforce recomendation though.

SpellForce 1 and 2 are both massive. Love that series.

I actually liked Knightshift.
It's worse than Spellforce, but it's still very nice game.
However the best game by Reality Pump is still Earth 2150 and I doubt Two Worlds 2 will beat it…

I also regarded it as mediocre. In German school grades, which go from 1 (best) to 6 (worst) I'd give it a 3- or a 4, even.

There was a small scandal here in Germany, when Zuxxez or how they are spelled accused a gaming magazine of letting a non-RPG player (or even hater ?) test this game, which - they said - resulted in a bad review.

But when I played it, I couldn't find too much out of this game as well. But maybe I'm too intellectual for that.

Back
Top Bottom