Pillars of Eternity - New Interview & Previews

But with Kickstarter, you're not beholden to anyone unless you decide to let yourself be.

A smart play may be to develop a lot of the core components with in-house funding, then, if they find out they haven't enough funding, take it to Kickstarter for some enhanced development. Much like Larian Studios did. At that point they'll have plenty of content to demonstrate, and they can just sell based on the potential improvements.

Excuse me? This is what's cheap:

864806.jpg

This is what's even cheaper.

_-The-God-of-War-Trilogy-PS3-_.jpg

To quote a certain person about second pic, that's "farts with mindless action, quickdraw moves and 'epic moments full of epicness'".

Whatever you might feel, exBIS is not Bioware who dumbed down ME sequels in order to suck up to PS3 audience.
And that's not cheap.

Last edited:
I'd imagine the player-made content is part of the reason they want to avoid KS in the future. Not only is it an incredible pain in the ass to track everyone down, get their NPC/item in the game the way they want it, and make it work within the story, but I'm sure there was 'that guy'out there (or several) that wanted too much or tried to be cute by designing an NPC named "The Situation".
Well, that's easy, just don't include stuff like that in any of the tiers.

I had read on the PE forum that one of the $5k tavern design backers disappeared from the time his pledge was taken to the time they were ready for his input. Now… What do you do in that case? Go forward, and then refund his money if he shows up later?
You can just patch in his contribution, if he ever shows up and makes it (within a reasonable amount of time, of course). Seems easy enough.

Either way, I don't think Obsidian realized just how much work this all was going to be when their project quadrupled in size.
Realistically, when they say their project quadrupled, I think they're bullshitting. After Wasteland 2, from an unproven company like inXile, got $3M, they knew they were going to get more than that. Why they still won't admit that, I don't know.

Have you any real argument to deconstruct mine other than unsubstantiated foolish characterizations?
Your "argument" being that it "feels cheap...very cheap"?

Hahaha. Yes, let us waste our time deconstructing that stroke of genius.

Your "argument" being that it "feels cheap…very cheap"?

Hahaha. Yes, let us waste our time deconstructing that stroke of genius.

Feels cheap means that it's made from people with no great talent and without the use of excessive founds.
I hope it is good enough for you because I can't spent more time this time of day to make simple meanings even simpler to enlightenment imbeciles.

Realistically, when they say their project quadrupled, I think they're bullshitting. After Wasteland 2, from an unproven company like inXile, got $3M, they knew they were going to get more than that. Why they still won't admit that, I don't know.

Because Hubris is a lousy sales tactic... :p

Back
Top Bottom