10 Most Anticipated Games @ Yahoo!

It doesn't seem too unfair to compare Halo# and Bioshock single player campaigns which certainly makes Bioshock more deserving, well imo and I would hope others. :)

I meant that the pacing in very different in those games. Halo is much closer to a Doom or Half-Life style of "guns blazing" action, while Bioshock is a much more methodical pace with some tension involved. I would liken Bioshock to a "thinking mans" shooter, while Halo was anything but.

JRPG doesnt interest me much... out of all, Im looking forward to halo war and WoW expansion! :)

I wouldn't jump at NWN2 if you're that far behind the times. The OC I wouldn't even bless with the title of "game". It's more like a slideshow of endlessly chatty NPC's who can't be killed or even avoided.

Played the Witcher? Runs great with the latest patch, at least on XP.

Yeah I don't think NWN2 was much of improvement from NWN1. At least OC wasnt. Never played expansion so cant comment on that. I dont have good enough PC to play nwn2 but my bf does so I've been playing it once a while at his place. I think its still same uninspiring quests, stupid NPC AI, and sure, there is a bit of NPC interaction but not that great.... oh and also, grobnar really annoys me. like, heaps. and I dont like the system where your pc can just die and resurrect after battle as long as someone in your party is still alive. that makes being a priest almost pointless. (cleric is my fav class!)

Both NWN's are at their best when you play co-op MP mods online with a group of friends. Unfortunately there aren't many yet for NWN2, but Team Corwin has been going for over 5 years and we still love playing together. (Hint, more are always welcome to join in to our regular weekly game ) :)

<Tales of the Jedi geek hat on>
Concerning the Sith and knights of the old republic time-line thing. The Kotor time period was as far as I know first covered in the "Tales of the Jedi" comic by Dark horse, which takes place slightly before KotOR (some of the characters from the comics are mentioned in the game(s)), the main Tales of the Jedi comics take place 4000 years before the movies. There are two prequel comics in the series that take place 2000 and 1000 years before that, the first is called "The golden age of the Sith" and the second "Fall of the Sith Empire".
I don't know if it was ever stated exactly when the Jedi that where to become the Sith broke from the main Jedi order but if they had formed an empire that had a golden age 6000 years before the movies I'm pretty sure they didn't run away from home 2000 years ago ;-)
<Geek hat off>
Just thought I would try to clear that mess up

Both NWN's are at their best when you play co-op MP mods online with a group of friends. Unfortunately there aren't many yet for NWN2, but Team Corwin has been going for over 5 years and we still love playing together. (Hint, more are always welcome to join in to our regular weekly game ) :)

Time zones will probably a problem, as always, though. :(

A, nice.

This thread has become split between a Jedi/Sith - Discussion and an on-topic games discussion.

Divide & Conquer. ;)

Me, I've developed an totally different theory on the force, which is purely non-canon.
It is based on the concept of Love/Hate, where Jedi are (or should be) filled with a love for everything that lives, and Sith with an equivalent hate.
With my theory, the "fall" and the "redemption" of a Jedi is easily explainable.

Too bad LucasFilm doesn't follow it.

Time zones will probably a problem, as always, though. :(

Yes, they are always a problem. We have people in Europe playing at 3am, while it's evening in the US and mid-morning here in Oz. No matter how we schedule, someone has to be disadvantaged, but we enjoy it so much, it's worth the sacrifice!!

Yes, they are always a problem. We have people in Europe playing at 3am, while it's evening in the US and mid-morning here in Oz. No matter how we schedule, someone has to be disadvantaged, but we enjoy it so much, it's worth the sacrifice!!

Yes, time issue is always a problem. But can I ask.. is there NWN1 MP session going on? I don't have NWN2 at home (even if I do, trying to run it instantly liquify my poor, poor old PC) but if there is NWN1 I'd like to have a go.

Yes, check out Team Corwin.
We've nearly finished a major campaign, the final of the Aielund Saga and will be beginning a new one immediately we finish. We currently play on Saturdays at 12 noon your time. We use Skype to chat to each other using a mic/headset combo, so we don't have to type while playing. There are 3 core people who play every week, and a few others who play from time to time. All are regulars here at the Watch. Cm is the most notorious!! :) I'm the sweet voice of reason (and if you believe that, do I have a deal for you!!!! :biggrin: ) You're MOST welcome to join in, bring NWN1, and a sense of humour, we laugh a LOT!!

awesome. I will need some time though. First I must buy headset and download skype... when you guys are done with current mod, could you guys let me know which mod you guys are plan to play next? thanx :) looking forward to it!

Skype takes 5 mins to download and install!! :) The only reason we suggest mic/headphone combo is it avoids feedback from speakers (and doesn't annoy everyone else in the house!! :) )
I've just posted a brief update in the the TC thread in OFF TOPIC.

I'll check it out if I ever feel an immediate desire to do some multi-player NWN. :D I've never done it and I haven't used the DVD since forever.

I'll have to see about the headset thing, because I currently play on my 36" LCD screen. So as I'm too far from my PC case, I'll have to look into a wireless solution...

Back
Top Bottom