M&M and Wizardry Anyone here good at graphics?

Engine is not a problem, trust me. If I am going to use an existing one I will go with OGRE.

I got bit by a dog once. That's about all I have to offer, but I'm willing to contribute, somehow.

I actually have been working on my own project, though my programming skill is null at best, and what art I can do is restricted to my guitar.

I can write, and have a partially complete set of mechanics that I've been working on; along with some rough ideas of a world. Though to be honest, my mechanics need to be lightened up so that it isn't impossible to win a fight; as of now it's a tad bit hard.

This whole discussion inginted two things in me:

- the wish to build a nice Batch file menu system for DOSBOX - like I did for DOS ages ago ;)

- the wish to go on with my thought/plan to make an text adventure game ... The thought is just too attractive: An java-based (Java is my favourite programming language apart from SQL) text adventure/RPG game ...

My worst problem is that I have the bad tendency to give up too early when I encounter difficulties I seemingly can't manage.
That's why I never did it so far.

But thanks for the inspiration anyway ! :)

Text adventures can be fun, and they are easy to program, if you have any programming questions don't hesitate to ask!

I've been trained in 3d-modelling/art and 2d, and C programming (not C++ though). Granted it's been 6 years since I've put it good use after changing jobs, so I expect to be rather rusty. I'll help out if I can.

Which program did you use for 3d-modelling?? I do not need you to know all the latest features, just have talent in art, and be dedicated and enjoy being on the project. If you have some time and are willing, could you send me some samples of 3d modelling you have done? and preferably some 2d too, you can send me a PM!

That would be 3DS-3.1 (What are they up to now-days, v9?). So, nowhere near recent. Blender remains a curiosity I have yet to look into fully aside from going through the tutorials, but the fact its continually updated and more importantly free, makes it a more viable option for me.

I'll get around to organising something for a showcase/example and PM you (hopefully) soon.
I don't want to give you (or anyone) a full commitment and then let you down, various life/family/work issues are have been keeping me from doing much the last two months. Hopefully I should see it sorted soon.

I also have work, jobs ( free time ones ), family, I am very understanding. The important thing is that you will not give up!!! It will not go quickly but it will be great when it is done :)

Waiting for your PM.

Last edited:
I would have helped you but i am working on something already, that alone takes up all my time.

Keep up the good work though hope something comes of it good luck.

Hey, I could help with proofreading whenever you send something to me as well as testing. I'm starting a C++ and Java programming module next year, so I might be able to help with the programming starting from next year or so (if this project is still alive and kicking). I've done some C programming, but most of it had something to do with engineering and nothing with games so...

I'm in for proofreading and ideas though from now on, just send me a PM once you've got something for me to read.

Back
Top Bottom