Fallout 3 - Banned in Australia

I've never been too bothered by the censorship laws before (I'm from Oz). Wait until the facts are known before passing judgement.
People in Oz should be importing from overseas anyway - to save about 60% on the price of their games.

good for them. perhaps if more countries had the guts to this more often then companies would stop going for the cheap thrill and simply focus on better games.

I think that is a fallacious argument - it presumes that all M games are lesser products than T games, which is quite false. While I agree with the "companies would stop going for the cheap thrill and simply focus on better games" sentiment, this is true in any medium - there is a market for M games / R movies, etc.

Super Mario Super Nova Extra Fun Party may very well be fun but I'll take a dark gritty story any day of the week.

The sad thing is that games like Mario Party (or how it's called) most definitively have died out on the PC platform.

There's nothing containing *this kind* of simple fun anymore on the PC platform.

The PC platform is clearly evolving into an "action platform", in my eyes.

Did they allow Bioshock? I mean doesn't that have you injecting straight into your arm visually every minute?

Did they allow Bioshock? I mean doesn't that have you injecting straight into your arm visually every minute?

According to the article, they distinguish between "science fiction drugs" and normal drugs - and in the case of Fallout 3, the drugs resemble real-world drugs enough to warrant the decision.

I think the whole thing is ridiculous, but I can see the distinction. Bioshock also made it blatantly clear that plasmid use was ultimately a VERY bad thing, as it's pretty much the source of everything gone wrong in Rapture.

It was EVE injections wasn't it. They should just call it Morpheus then I guess.

Back
Top Bottom