The TV Series discussion thread

Oh yeah, spartacus was awesome. :)

Almost Human (SF crime procedural) to the list. The latter has only one season and the episodes should NOT be watched in the order Fox aired them, but I found it surprisingly good :'(.
If it shouldn't be watched in the order it was aired, then in which order?

While we're at it, does anyone know a good series starring some scientist? That's not for me (although I might watch it if it's good ;)). Something like a molecular chemist or a roboticist engineer (if we're talking about settings like sci-fi), but really, whatever goes… There are some fans of science I know who desire a scientist as a lead and I have no idea what to tell them :) (I only remember Breaking Bad, the lead isn't exactly doing science, but still I think it loosely matches the request)

The Flash? Barry Allen is sort of a scientist.

Hmmm. Not sure. He's a crime investigator with superhuman speed? I doubt my friends would want to watch that, they most likely expect to watch a series about science. :) So if the lead is a scientist, science should play a big part in the show, as well.

While we're at it, does anyone know a good series starring some scientist? That's not for me (although I might watch it if it's good ;)). Something like a molecular chemist or a roboticist engineer (if we're talking about settings like sci-fi), but really, whatever goes… There are some fans of science I know who desire a scientist as a lead and I have no idea what to tell them :) (I only remember Breaking Bad, the lead isn't exactly doing science, but still I think it loosely matches the request)

Stargate Atlantis (co-protagonist), Big Bang Theory, Dexter, Doctor Who.

If it shouldn't be watched in the order it was aired, then in which order?
1 Pilot (Ep 1)
2 Skin (Ep 5)
3 Are you Receiving? (Ep 6)
4 The Bends (Ep 7)
5 Blood Brothers (Ep 8)
6 Arrhythmia (Ep 3)
7 Simon Says (Ep 10)
8 You Are Here (Ep 2)
9 Unbound (Ep 9)
10 Perception (Ep 4)
11 Disrupt (Ep 11)
12 Beholder (Ep 12)
13 Straw Man (Ep 13)

I thought this was pretty good:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReGenesis

She's not the only protagonist, but Cosima, the science-genius version of the multiply-cloned heroine of Orphan Black, is pretty great.

Anyone following Wayward Pines? The series has this awesome Twin Peaks feel at first. A secret service agent finding himself alone in some small idyllic town while searching for lost agents, but soon he notices how everything is not as it seems… Sounds a bit familiar indeed.

Sadly this only the first impression. As the series goes on, this awesome twin peaks feeling vanishes. It looks like more promising than it actually is. Sure there is a cool mystery, but the show is kind of dumb. In fact it kind of reminds me of the other series called Under the dome which was so unbearably stupid that I just couldn't watch it more than two episodes. Wayward Pines is not as bad, but its not exactly a series, I'd recommand to everyone. :)

Last edited:
Cosima is great but cmon, Helena is the indestructible one! :D

Wayward Pines season 1 is fantastic. The story has some holes, but that cast couldn't be better picked.
I know season 2 just started but can't watch it anywhere yet.

I'm watching the Wayward Pines show on tv and yeah, it's ok but I found the books to be much better (shocking, I know!). At least they have the author involved in the tv show so I'm hoping it improves at some point, right now I'm basically watching it to see what they will do since it doesn't follow the books precisely.

When we watched the Thrones episode this week, as it ended something rather funny occurred to me. I just pictured Bran telling Jon, "Hey, Uncle Benjen is ok"!, and Jon looking at him carefully, then punching him in the face. Because the last time a kid told him something about his uncle it didn't exactly turn out well for Jon....

I'm much happier with this series of Thrones than I have been for a long time.

I'm much happier with this series of Thrones than I have been for a long time.

I agree, the plot is moving now. I think we have had more plot in the last 6 episodes compared so some previous sessions combined!

I agree, the plot is moving now. I think we have had more plot in the last 6 episodes compared so some previous sessions combined!

WOW!! I thought the exact opposite after last nights show.

20 minutes with the Hound. Really did we need this much time on this?
20 minutes of Snow begging for help
5 minutes of the King Slayer doing nothing.
5 minutes of whatever that crap is with the cult.
2 minutes of Theon and is sister drinking
1 minute of the man of many faces.

AKA Sandor Clegane

Back
Top Bottom