Shroud of the Avatar - Early Access Preview

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Tentonhammer has a new preview of the Early Access version of Shroud of the Avatar.

I went up to Austin last week for a first look at the new release and my experience started the same way as many will their first time into the game, in the soon-to-be infamous “chicken room.” Logging in to a single room with a torch, a chair, and a couple wandering chickens was an unusual experience. At first, I looked around trying to figure out if I’d just been allowed in on some sort of inside joke, the sort you find in every gaming community. After a minute or so of being mildly amused and not a small amount of confused, I reminded myself that I had a job to do and I got serious.

The second more serious look was when this room started really making a little sense, and I think shows some seriously deep thought on the part of the developers. In this simple room, you’re exposed to the quintessence of what Shroud of the Avatar is. It actually heightened the experience of wandering the larger world a short while later, which everyone else will have the opportunity to do on Thursday.
I also have a new movie as a bonus for those interested in watching Lord British roleplaying the Avatar.

More information.

Last edited:
I didn't back this, so people who did I hope you'll provide informative feedback. :D

and a chicken room????

Well, I will try in about 30 minutes. Seems to be turning out quite nice so far according to that preview.

Yup, it's on my "to buy after checking some post release reviews" list :)

Well when you post 15 news-bits one is bound to be messed up. Thanks for pointing out I missed the link. It's Fixed now.:blush:
Well, sometimes the watchdog even barks at the right noise. ;)

Well, I finally got on today.

It won't win awards for most high end tech but it looks really nice, and definatly has that ultima feel.....the conversation system is awesome...back to words and typing, love it.

Smooth on my machine at full settings.

I keep on reading about "selective multiplayer" and "MMO setting". I wonder if this game actually is a deep single player experience. Can you say something more on this already?

It is going to be an MMO from the description and the later post on the watch - it will have an offline component, but it is still an MMO.

Very dissapointing.

Noooooooo! :(

It is going to be an MMO from the description and the later post on the watch - it will have an offline component, but it is still an MMO.

Very dissapointing.

Um no.

Sorry for bringing this up, but I have to.

As you already know I didn't support this game on KS and it managed to gather 2M:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/portalarium/shroud-of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0?ref=live

And now I read in a local newspaper some things that are very odd if you ask me. In fact they say something like it's practically pay2win game with some very expensive stuff that's sold as add-ons. Well, can anyone explain to me if this is a wrong assumption? For example how much should I pay to get a city lot:
https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085

Back
Top Bottom