Mass Effect 3 - The First Two Hours and More

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Before we get into a couple of previews, Kotaku has news the Mass Effect 3 demo for X360 will include "a limited time Gold access pass" for those that don't subscribe to Live.
Anyway, head to CVG for Mass Effect 3 - The First 2 Hours:
Before all that, unless you're importing an existing Shepard, you'll have to make a brand new one, fiddling around with your eyes and nose until they look really strange, picking your class and backstory, and telling the game a little bit about some of your actions in the previous adventures - who lived, and who died, for example. Then you have to decide which of three different versions of ME3 you'd actually like to play.
Your choices are pretty simple, thankfully. Story mode dials down the combat but allows you to make all the big decisions throughout the game, choosing what happens at crucial - and not so crucial - moments, and who you end up making sweet, slightly creepy, dead-eyed zero-gravity love to.
Action mode offers you exactly the opposite experience, turning conversations into standard non-interactive cut-scenes, while providing you with a straight-up cover-based shooter, with no morality nonsense to get in the way of the headshots.
Role-playing mode, finally, is the traditional Mass Effect mode. If you're reading this, it's the mode you'll almost certainly end up playing. (If you're not reading this, what's on telly at the moment? Is it time for Diagnosis Murder yet?)
...and a similar preview at Eurogamer:
You can expect a linear path as Mass Effect 3 opens, but while the wide wonders of space are shut off for two hours at least there's a suitably epic feel to proceedings. Your favourite characters are coyly drip-fed into the story giving you repeated bursts of anticipation for what comes next, and it's all topped off by the reintroduction of Martin Sheen's Illusive Man. The settings meanwhile - both the vista of destruction on Earth and the desolate Mars base in the shadow of a gigantic brooding dust storm - really must be read as a statement of intent on the part of Bioware.
More information.

Letting us say what our actions were in the previous games is a welcome alternative to reinstalling the damned thing just to get all the right choices. Wasn't there a ME2 endgame save editor for the same purpose?

Wasn't there a ME2 endgame save editor for the same purpose?

All Hail Gibbed, the God of BioWare games editors!

It wasn't official though, but super useful if you didn't want to replay ME1 too much often.

I don't see why anyone who's interested in ME3 would want the first two hours spoiled for them.

I don't get this, either, but I guess some people just can't wait for release to get their fix. Also, it might be good for someone on the fence about getting it.

Great for us who arent the least interested in the game or the story itself but still wants to see a little bit of how it looks / plays ;) edit: ah, it wasnt even a video, then i have absolutely no interest.

Back
Top Bottom