The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

OK, with a few mats from Peter, Klubbir has her con-op and she's ready to TR. The question I have is whether I need to sit on her for a while longer. Dhedkhat made 20, but Leywind is still back at 18. If we're going to work on that as part of our Friday sessions, I need to keep Klubbir where she's at since Phuury at 23 would be too high and RhoGu at 15 is too low. Besides, she's the only melee running in that 18-22 group.

I suppose there's no real rush to TR. The only downside is that I didn't pick up an epic destiny and I'm getting close to lvl21 which equates to several points in Shiradi that I've already missed. I didn't take the destiny since I didn't plan to run beyond capping and taking a barby destiny would put me far, far away from the wizzy destiny. With the situation changed and possibly extending further, I'm a bit conflicted.

Leywind was about half-way through 18 so hopefully I can get her up to 20 semi quickly, due to recent developments I'll probably out of action around the same time Corwin is too during the end of June-July, and possibly a couple weekends early June

Sounds like some really big changes on the horizon for none gameplay stuff. Have to wait and see if it is better, cause it sure could not be worse then it is now.

OK, going from memory, everyone except Az has completed Harbinger1 and Pump wasn't going to run that due to XP ceiling problems. That leaves us with Acid Wit and Delirium (house quests for the 12). While the 3rd lifers will need those, I'm not so sure that it wouldn't make sense for the group as a whole to skip those two and leave them as make-ups for the few that need it (jm, Peter, and maybe me). We can discuss tonight. I wouldn't mind running Litany since I've never been in there, but I don't know that it's worth the group's time to get everyone flagged.

After that, we're up to lvl16 content- Bridge series and Vale. Given our trend of mixing quests into the explorer runs (a good trend, IMO), I think we ought to run the Bridge stuff first. I doubt we'll make it all the way to Eveningstar tonight, particularly if we decide to all run the Twelve quests first.

Let's check what we have so we get all bases covered:
Klubbir: Wizard
Kerriakan: Cleric
KarlPeter: Fighter
Dhedkat: Artificer
Rachail: Artificer
Reywind's TR: ?
Joes TR: ?

It seems we need the most healer / caster / melee. Druid can combine the healer / caster role like Ambrer has done in the current TR group.
Revisiting this. I can't think of Reywind's plan right now, if he's mentioned one. JM is planning an arcane. I'm having second thoughts based on the groups we'll end up with. We'll have one healer, although most of us would have some level of self-healing. We'll have one frontliner, pending Reywind's plan. So I'm thinking about a melee bard (maybe even a fighter splash) or possibly a STR-based monk. I'd probably want to bail out of warforged with either option, which is unfortunate from a roleplaying standpoint but overall rather meaningless. I don't have any burning need to play the WF archmage right now, so it's not like the group needs are trumping any serious plans. Thoughts?

A Bard is a definite possibility since they combine a little of everything depending on how you build them. Certainly a WF Bard would be novel!! :) However, that might depend on what Jo plans; we need one solid arcane caster.

Unless JM has changed her plan, she was going to do an arcane caster of some sort. Keep in mind, that equals half an arcane per group, assuming we can figure out some way to split her.

What an amusing thought!! :) Unless we split Cm (YES,YES,YES :p ) we'd only have half a healer too. A Bard can do both eventually to some extent.

Since the groups will be split (3 / 4 until we get another person joining regularly) then we will rely upon hirelings. Usually we go with cleric or favored soul hirelings. That seems to work all the way up to about level 16 quests, even on elite.

So I think ANY configuration will work up to we hit the Vale as long as we have a trapper in each group.

I bard is certainly a good option because he can do crowd control, healing and melee too. Regardless of that I think that people should play classes they enjoy. We can manage most combinations since we are TR's with decent gear waiting for us in the reincarnation cache. So no need to play a class you don't like just to suit the group. We will manage regardless of the choice, as we always do. :)

I think having 2 casters so we can have one caster in each group will make life quite a lot easier for us. Casters do a lot of damage and can crowd control as well. Hirelings can keep us alive in most quests. So if Dte wants to try a WF wizard then I would say go-ahead and do so. I'm sure we will love having him in the group when he saves our butts with area of effect spells or otto's dancing sphere. Another benefit is that we get haste and greater heroism.

A WF wizard can self heal. WF artificers can keep themselves alive too with repair. I'm not too worried about not having a dedicated healer in both groups.

With 2 artificers we have turrets and dogs in both groups. I will do melee in one of the groups and Reywind probably for the other group. So I think we will be well prepared if Dte picks a wizard and not a bard.

Cookies!

Remember that Bards get quite a few skill points. While it would affect the caster aspect, Bard with two Rogue levels can handle most traps fine pre-epic. Wizard can do the same, and as a WF be self healing as well. So we are not locked into anything really.

Since the level 3 group seems to be moving on anyway, is it the TR4.0 (or is it 5?)? I was planning on Mirys, not Rachail, TRing for the next guild group.

There was a "double wave" of TRs for many of us.

In my case, I TR'd Botdu "for me", although so far he's done most of his running with guildies. I'll be running Klubbir as my next "Friday" toon whenever we cap out our current lvl17 group (or decide to run 2 groups concurrently). With Peter only having 4 toons, he'll be sitting on his recent TR for a while unless he decides to shift KarlPeter to a "for Peter" toon and TR another. I think that's part of the reason he's been pushing to get everyone a TR-eligible toon. Corwin was talking about doing his wizard-to-wizard TR, but it sounds to me like he's decided to make Dhedkhat his new Friday toon, so the wizzy would become his "for Corwin" toon. CM had declared her cleric-to-cleric TR as her next Friday toon.

The only real difference is that Friday toons wouldn't be supposed to freelance. Theoretically, some of us could potentially do some mix-n-match with our "for me" toons if the levels line up, kinda like what you did with Pump and Fireflash and Cairii, but that's not really the intent.

My overall plan is to run something "different" that doesn't suck. That gives me a fair bit of latitude (no WF barbarian…), which is why I'm giving more consideration to what the group needs. I don't know that I'm really a fan of WF, but with a name like Klubbir Pinion I feel a smidgen of obligation to maintain the role. I'll have to jack around with the character builder to see what a WF STR-based (maybe even q-staff swingin') monk and WF melee bard look like. Those builds would definitely cover the "different" (moreso the bard, obviously), but I'm not sure about the suckage. Part of it is that I don't currently have any pointy stick types in my stable (pale master, machine gun nun, arty, monk, arcane archer, and Klubbir TBD) and that offends my delicate sensibilities. ;)

The thing about the WF wizzy that troubles me a bit is that I've already done a wizzy with Phuury. A barby-to-wizzy TR, even. Sure, archmage will be different than pale master and I'd go electric/force just to magnify it, but it's still a rehash with minor changes. Ironically, the last time I did a rehash with minor changes, I ended up with a warforged barby. Not exactly confidence-inspiring.

Last edited:
I have no idea what I am doing with who other then the cleric I currently have will TR into new cleric. Want to try one with a proper build and gear.
Our current Fridays have a way to go. I wanted to keep Testy and Tao up for new content runs. I could delete a slot and run up a new class as first lifer if we need extra bodies to run when hitting a wall or something. RL is keeping me from looking at the overall makeups. So someone will as always explain it to me. lol

Phydaux is a WF wizzy with 2 levels of Rogue and he's handling L&T fine, plus he has repair, so that is definitely a viable build. I find it amusing that I currently have more melee type builds than casters, while the master of the pointy stick has 'lost his way'!! :)

If it takes awhile to get the new TR group going then I could make a new toon (e. g. monk or artificer) and let the first lifer catch up with Botdu etc. and then hold KarlPeter for the next TR group that will be formed.

Why don't you TR into an Ranger ? ;)
But - I must admit that this role isn't that easy to play in some circumstances ...

I have only 1 toon above level 20 and that is a cleric. He's intended to be used for new stuff that will come out this Summer.

So I need to make a NEW toon to have a low level alternative to my level 3 fighter.
Several others are making rangers so I probably need to try something else. The monk is one of the strongest classes in the game and an artificer is very solo friendly.

Just a side-question : I have learned something in SWTOR that is called a DOT (damage over time). Does this exist in DDO ? Well, because I don't remember this anymore … *blush*

Edit : Always wanted to have your personal Beholder ? :biggrin: : http://www.ddo.com/us/ddostorecreaturecompanions

Current sales, beginning from now (Tuesday) on :

April 19 - 25
Lasting Bear's Stamina Potion x5
Use Coupon Code LBSP02
1 / Account

20 % off :
- Tomes Of Fate
- Epic Destinies
- Key Of Destiny
- Menace Of The Underdark :

• Epic Pack
  • Complete Pack
  • Adventure Packs

Everything's here, plus an video announcing the "Enhancements Revamp" coming to Lasagna : http://www.ddo.com/ddostoresale

Patch tomorrow, on Friday :

Scheduled Maintenance: Friday, April 19th from 8:00 to 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT)
April 18, 2013
The DDO Game Servers, web sites and http://myaccount.turbine.com will be offline for maintenance on Friday, April 19th from 8:00 to 11:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT). Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon!

A Bonus Days Weekend :

DDO Bonus Days!
April 18, 2013
Get +20% Heroic and Epic XP, now through April 21st!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom