Drakensang - First Magazine Scores

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Word from Fridi is that the first two (German) print magazine scores for Dragensang are out. Apparently Gamestar awarded 85% and PC Games, 81%. According to Fridi, the articles call the game a "classic RPG" and "charming", with a good story, relatively few bugs and 80 hours gameplay.
Discussion can be found at the Gamestar and Anaconda forums.
More information.

PC Action did a Beta test in their current issue. They didn't award a final score, but said that the game is leaning toward a very good score.

I hope they make an english version of this game.

makes me wish I was German, they seem to get all the good RPGs, or at least get all the good ones first.

Excellent to see it doing so well. Hope the sales follow!

At least their CE seems to be sold out.
Now, I'll hope I receive my copy Friday or Saturday, 'cause I'm really looking forward to play that game.

A few shops seem still to have it; but Amazon has it sold out, yes.

Perhaps i should dust of my german and just order it. Roi, let me know what you think about it! :)

Gamestar Boxenstopp: Drakensang
9 minute stream:
- Drakensang retail version
- Limited Collector´s Edition
- Sample: CE audio book (costs 45 EUR on Amazon!)
- Graphics: minimum (GF6600)
- Graphics: max. (GF8800)
- CP: only disk based. No serial, no online activation
- Bugs: 3 crashes in 80 hours. Not reproducable. No quest bugs. The game is in very good condition.
- Gameplay: Very classic. Nice story, tactical combat.
- Recommendation: A crystalclear recommendation. GameStar likes Drakensang.

Great showing, Gorath!

Thanks!

P.S.: I´m just holding the two "bigheads" in my hands - PC Games and GameStar August issues (09/08 in their diction).

In for a good read - with the great bonus of "Divinity: Ego Draconis" first preview, a few words on the Piranhas´ (Bytes) "RPB" project and loads of loads of "Diablo 3" mass hype:roll:

So, the game was released today.

Any first impressions from our German brethren?

I'm so tempted to just order the German version. My German reading skills are ok-ish, but I kinda doubt if they're good enough.

I ordered the Collector's Edition, but I honestly can't sa<y if and when I might get it.

The CE is very, *very* popular, it seems.

So, the game was released today.

Any first impressions from our German brethren?

I'm so tempted to just order the German version. My German reading skills are ok-ish, but I kinda doubt if they're good enough.

Hx opened an impressions thread in the general forum.

Seems you have the choice between two evils: A German version you might not understand 100% or an English translation which might take several months and is heavily dependent on the commitment of a still unknown publisher.
Given that only the first sentence in most dialogs is spoken I would try the German version and run a browser with the LEO plugin on a second monitor or PC.

GameStar has uploaded their whole review and a second video, this time with gameplay.

I ordered the Collector's Edition, but I honestly can't sa<y if and when I might get it.

The CE is very, *very* popular, it seems.
From mobygames:
Only 10.000 units of this edition were produced and it includes:

* Drakensang
* Certificate of Authentication
* Exclusive "Lindwormslayer"-tin figurine
* Original soundtrack by Dynamedion
* Audio book "Das Schwarze Auge: Der Scharlatan"
* The basic rule-set of the 4th edition of the Pen & Paper RPG "Das Schwarze Auge" (only as a PDF)
* Fake leather map of Aventurien

The ruleset is pdf which is somwhat of disapointment but they did put in an audiobook. Looks like somone knows exactly what I want (- too bad he doesnt make english CEs). Lately Ive become quite fond of audiobooks (I bought a quality headset). Im currently listening through raymond e feists books.

For som reason only the german editions usually include a book while english version is often a rip off at best (stalker clear sky most recent) with only a metal casing, useless map and dvd with som random art thrown in. Perhaps the english publishers think that english players dont like books. Im gonna vote against them in future.

I liked a lot of all the printed story material that came with the rpgs i.e ultima series. Nowadays though you dont seem to be able to get anything even if you pay extra for a CE. I think I need to concentrate on buying books instead - game related books have always been there i.e mass effect, planescape torment (this one was bad though), wing commander, privateer, sword of the stars, betrayal at krondor, etc. The books seem to also cost less than the useless CEs (i.e mass effect book 7€ < 15€ stalker clear sky CE with metal box and art dvd )

Last edited:
Perhaps i should dust of my german and just order it. Roi, let me know what you think about it! :)

I like the game. Now that I found out how to play it on vista instead on xp I like it even more.
The only problem I now have is a bug with my 5.1 speaker set (front and rear are switched in the game).

The ruleset is pdf which is somwhat of disapointment

As far as I know the ruleset is on ALL versions.

And it is a quite thick book !

Nice ! :)

But it's very slow ... I think I'm rather waiting for a mirror ...

I hope this gets an English version and doesn't end up like Fall: The Last Days of Gaia or Goldenland and never show up in the US.

Back
Top Bottom