Hilarious observation of why movie watching for me has become tougher as I get older

This isn't a new idea, BTW. I think the first time I came across it was in a song by a Finnish rock/blues band, J. Karjalainen ja Mustat Lasit ("J. Karjalainen and the Dark Glasses"). The song is called "Blueskaava" (The Blues Formula), and it's from 1982. I don't know if he came up with the idea himself, or borrowed it from someone.

Personally I am a bit surprised no one took exception to the images that condone the subjugation, rape, and murder of women. I don't really find that humorous, and that was in the Star Wars entries. Of course maybe not everyone who posted here watched them.

What I said I was talking about, is that clear enough? Look at the last few minutes of episode 7. There are also other numerous entires that advocate torture, subjugation, rape, and the murder of women. Since you asked I reiterated.

Oh and mentioning that he had run over a Korean family showing their picture and having their screams in the background was pretty atrocious too.

I could care less if you are offended or not, and no I will not relax when something clearly advocates murder, torture, and rape. I find it offensive and find your comments offensive too and I have no more to say on this subject.

No kidding... I just watched that episode to try and understand wtf he's talking about, but the only thing I found offensive was Jar Jar Binks.

Sorry if you are either too inatentive or are not bothered by advocating abuse of women. For instance the tied-up woman in the basement begging for help, and being told to shut up, video 1 at 7:19 . The blood spattered sink which occurs a number of times. The final admonision to murder your wife already referenced earlier. Watch all the episodes. If you can't see I can't make you see it, but whatever. And as I stated earlier I don't fined murder, torture, and abuse of women, or anyone else to be a joking matter. If you do then that's your problem.
Goodbye.

Am I missing something? I went to "Star Wars: The Phantom Menace Review (Part 1 of 7)" and panned to the 7:00 mark. The only thing even remotely related to women for 2 minutes after that is 4 people being unable to describe any strong character traits in Natalie Portman's character.

Did a link get changed somewhere along the way?

@dte — it sort of escalates from there.

It's a running gag. It turns out that the narrator isn't just any ordinary Star Wars nerd; he's actually a raging psychotic serial killer.

@ffbj: Personally, I believe that one of the sanest responses to the horrors we're capable of is to laugh in their face -- the biggest horrors make for the best jokes. That's what the Star Wars guy was doing. The idea that he would be *advocating* any of that didn't even occur to me. There are plenty of films that do glorify violence in any number of ways, but … this?

(Cue Monty Python's "Salad Days.")

Back
Top Bottom