Diablo 3 - Review Roundup

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the limitations - no skill tree, bad loot, will be improved upon with paid for DLC (or whatever its called, since "DLC" may not make sense for the server/client model). More classes or skills to try may be in the DLC. I'm sure they engineered the limitations to make "paid for" upgrades attractive, especially to milk the hardcore customers.

Last edited:
They are never going to add skill trees, their removal was a design decision and they wouldn't work at all with the way the game is structured. Blizzard has shown some willingness to consider changing the way legendary set/items work, though I doubt it will be in the form of DLC. At some point there will obviously be an expansion, but Blizzard doesn't seem to be big on DLC beyond that. Plus they've got one of the best track records around when it comes to supporting their games. D2 was still getting massive game changing updates years after it's release.

Needless to say though when an expansion does come out, we can expect it to have more classes, skills and loot. I wouldn't expect one for at least a year though.

I wasn't suggesting they'd add skill trees, just make up for the loss of them by adding more classes and skills. Or allow for dual-classing, like Titan Quest.

More classes are always welcome. Have you seen how many skills already exist though? There are well over 100 per class. I'm not saying that I'd object to more skills, but I wouldn't exactly consider that a high priority.

Overall though, I don't think Blizzard considers the lack of skill trees to be a loss that needs to be made up for. I think they consider it to be a strength that adds to the game.

I wasn't suggesting they'd add skill trees, just make up for the loss of them by adding more classes and skills. Or allow for dual-classing, like Titan Quest.

Overall though, I don't think Blizzard considers the lack of skill trees to be a loss that needs to be made up for. I think they consider it to be a strength that adds to the game.

Which is why a Diablo game really needs Blizzard North at the helm, not the people who made World of fricken Warcraft.

More classes are always welcome. Have you seen how many skills already exist though? There are well over 100 per class. I'm not saying that I'd object to more skills, but I wouldn't exactly consider that a high priority.

No, I haven't counted the skills. But apparently the current skill set isn't enough to keep some folks interested. Those may not have experimenting mindsets though. My point is that if they are stuck with their current system where a class gets all skills, then the only way to freshen that class up is to add more skills as I see it.

Back
Top Bottom