Dragon Age: Inquisition - Combat Video

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Bioware released another gameplay trailer this week for Dragon Age: Inquisition that gives us an in-depth look at the games combat system.
Join us for an in-depth look at the multi-faceted combat system of Dragon Age: Inquisition. Learn how to command the battle with a demonstration of both real-time action and the strategic tactical camera.
More information.

Last edited:
RTwP, they always did that well.. Hopefully less of a letdown than DAII, and better UID for PC, but that's being worked on I recall.

The UID is indeed awful. :(

Prediction:

Something negative will be said.
Couch points out that he doesn't know why something negative is always said about Bioware.

Life goes on :)

I don't get why they still stick to the same old gameplay since the first BG game still even though it is quite obvious that they don't want to. The third person perspective and close camera combined with the more action based gameplay makes it seem like they want to make a game more akin to Dark Souls but they completely lack the know-how. Maybe in Dragon Age 4 combat will finally be good. Pause and play make for a poor non-immersive experience, it worked in 1998 but today?

The UID is indeed awful. :(

It looks rather colourful and ‘in your face’. Not a fan of the design, but perhaps it will ‘grow on ya’ when actually playing the game.

However, when I see something like this (a newly revealed NPC by name of ‘comtesse Elodie’):

Elodie.jpg

My inner sceptic starts whispering ‘I tooooold you sooooo’ inside my brain.

It looks rather colourful and ‘in your face’. Not a fan of the design, but perhaps it will ‘grow on ya’ when actually playing the game.

However, when I see something like this (a newly revealed NPC by name of ‘comtesse Elodie’):

Elodie.jpg

My inner sceptic starts whispering ‘I tooooold you sooooo’ inside my brain.
She looks very classy, not sure what you're on about.

However, when I see something like this...
The truth?
On "modern" engines hair is still horrible and fancy caps/hats/helmets or anything that hides hair is a necessity or highly desirable.

The hidden truth?
On nextgen consoles hair can't be better than horrible and we're constantly getting consoleports on PC.

Any hope?
Suffocation of PC code caused by closed hardware stops next year, february.

Suffocation of PC code caused by closed hardware stops next year, february.

Care to expand on this a bit joxer?

It does look strange I admit, but my vocabulary is limited so… Couldn't put "use of car breaks" as dunno how to say that with one word, etc.

I wanted to say coding on PC is not evolving as fast as it can because of inferior gadgets that just can't follow it. There are cases where superior game code (in fact should be called a code masterpiece) is removed or locked on PC per publisher decision probably because it could affect console version sales.

The fish head stinks the most, there is a high pressure on PC gamers to switch onto touchscreen OS. Preinstalled touchscreen OS has a hidden partition that disallows reverting to older OS, but as usually happens with such idiotic strategy, it didn't stop people.
The whole touchscreen strategy is an insult as PCs and consoles we use to game with in most cases do not have touchscreen/touchpad and we use either m+k, wheels or gamepads.

Ok, and why would this end next year, February?

It does look strange I admit, but my vocabulary is limited so… Couldn't put "use of car breaks" as dunno how to say that with one word, etc.

I wanted to say coding on PC is not evolving as fast as it can because of inferior gadgets that just can't follow it. There are cases where superior game code (in fact should be called a code masterpiece) is removed or locked on PC per publisher decision probably because it could affect console version sales.

The fish head stinks the most, there is a high pressure on PC gamers to switch onto touchscreen OS. Preinstalled touchscreen OS has a hidden partition that disallows reverting to older OS, but as usually happens with such idiotic strategy, it didn't stop people.
The whole touchscreen strategy is an insult as PCs and consoles we use to game with in most cases do not have touchscreen/touchpad and we use either m+k, wheels or gamepads.

I get what you're saying, but my comment referred to the visual design of the NPC and her clothing and, by extension, what that indicates regarding the design of other parts of the game (meaning: an incongruous mess of the pretty good, the merely okay, the serviceable, and the goddam fugly incredibly awful).

February because of the expected Windows 9 preview version, with start button?

Edit: Ah, you mean Witcher III. Well, if it doesn't get delayed. Happens with a lot of RPG's lately…:-/

IIRC win9 is set for april, but not sure.
And I don't believe "leaked" pics with proper desktop until the first RC version is available.

Clothing… I know I'm annoying by mentioning Sims 4 all the time but the release version is 3 times bigger than was Sims 3 (9 gigs vs 3). The reason? And you've already heard that about 30 base things are cut out from this installment, it's not cutscenes, it's not voiceovers as Sims talk with one fabricated language in all versions and it's not building textures as Sims 3 didn't look this plastic/cartoony and was smaller. You won't believe me, but do check official forum if you want.
Sims 4 is so much bigger in size because it contains more different clothing than all previous Sims games combined!

Is it me or someone in EA thinks everyone desperately wants digital Barbie dolls?
Ah yeah, horse armor in different shapes and colors… The word is it sells. Dunno if it's in DA3.

Also, someone seems to be suffering form keywords overdose:
strategic tactical camera

And is it only me, or does anyone else wonder if comtess' Elodie tailor just really wanted her to shut up?

Is it me or someone in EA thinks everyone desperately wants digital Barbie dolls?

Haha! I noticed this, too. That's why I'm sure DA:I's customization will be plenty of hairstyle choices, tattoos and eye colors :)

Edit: Ah, you mean Witcher III. Well, if it doesn't get delayed. Happens with a lot of RPG's lately…:-/
TW3 has already been delayed.
I think (and hopd) they can keep this release date.

Also, someone seems to be suffering form keywords overdose:

And is it only me, or does anyone else wonder if comtess' Elodie tailor just really wanted her to shut up?

Well, hopefully she's just comic relief, the Thedosian equivalent of Witcher II's 'harpy man'. And yes, she'll probably sound somewhat muffled.

TW3 has already been delayed.
I think (and hopd) they can keep this release date.

Oh, I am getting quite used to multiple delays. D:OS was delayed multiple times, DA:I already got two (a long one and the current short one), so I wouldn't be surprised if CDProjekt doesn't make february 2015. I am actually sort of expecting it.

Some already have. ;)

Back
Top Bottom