Arcania - Uses Vision Engine 7

Gorath

Prime Evil
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
JoWooD and middleware developer Trinigy confirmed in a PR what has been known for years. Spellbound Entertainment is using Trinigy's multi-platform technology Vision Engine 7 for ArcaniA: A Gothic Tale, the game formerly known as Gothic 4.
ArcaniA developed based on Trinigy’s latest Vision Engine 7™ technology – release for PC and current generation console systems

Eningen, Germany / Liezen, Austria, May 18th, 2009: JoWooD Productions and Spellbound Entertainment today announced the successful cooperation with Trinigy, a leading provider of 3D game engine technology. In the scope of a multi-platform license agreement, Spellbound is developing “ArcaniA: A Gothic Tale” utilizing Trinigy’s latest Vision Game Engine 7™.

As the publisher announced, the highly anticipated role-playing blockbuster „ArcaniA: A Gothic Tale“ will be released for both PC and current-generation console systems. ArcaniA will feature an enthralling storyline in a dense atmosphere providing a unique and easily accessible game play experience. Thanks to Trinigy’s Vision Engine 7™ ArcaniA will also set new visual standards in the genre of action role-playing games.

„By licensing Trinigy’s Vision Engine 7, Spellbound is ideally equipped to head for a great gaming experience with “ArcaniA: A Gothic Tale”, explains Michael Kairat, Producer at JoWooD Productions. “The Vision Engine ensures a high level of game quality and first-class adaptions for current-generation console systems.”

Dag Frommhold, Managing Partner at Trinigy, points out: „With ArcaniA: A Gothic Tale, another ambitious AAA title is being created with the Vision Engine. That fills us with pride and we’re delighted to support the team at Spellbound with our technology.”

„ArcaniA: A Gothic Tale is a fantastic and truly sophisticated production”, comments Armin Gessert, CEO Spellbound Entertainment. “Trinigy’s latest Vision Engine and the excellent cooperation with them provide an ideal technological foundation for a new cornerstone in the history of action role-playing games.”
Spellbound's Desperados 2 and Helldorado were also based upon the Vision Engine.
On a sidenote, it seems the number of capital As in ArcaniA is growing quickly. ;)
More information.

Gorath said:
On a sidenote, it seems the number of capital As in ArcaniA is growing quickly.

At first I thought that was a typo, but it seems this is the official title. Perhaps the next one will be ArcAniA - as in "another ambitious AAA title". ;) Heh, sorry, but seriously, how many times will they change/"adjust" the name?

I'm not familiar with this Vision engine as I haven't played or even seen those games. Hey, does this mean that they won't be using anything from the G3 engine?

It wouldn't really matter if you had seen things in those games since you couldn't really use that as a comparison since most engines can be used in drastically different ways depending on what the developer wants to do with it.

I'm not familiar with this Vision engine as I haven't played or even seen those games. Hey, does this mean that they won't be using anything from the G3 engine?

Who would be stupid enough to recycle such a buggy engine for a new IP? ;)

The main messages from the PR are that Spellbound uses a proven technology (dozens of Vision-based titles have been shipped) and it's at least their 3rd project with this middleware. So it's pretty safe to assume they know it in and out.

At first I thought that was a typo, but it seems this is the official title. Perhaps the next one will be ArcAniA - as in "another ambitious AAA title". ;) Heh, sorry, but seriously, how many times will they change/"adjust" the name?

I think there *are* already 3 capital As :

ArcaniA - A Gothic Tale. ;)

However, I've never heard of any of these games.

The only exception is Dungeon Hero, which is seemingly currently in development.

uGh. i hAve aLWayS hAtED NonsTanDARd cApiTALizAtioN. iT'S jUSt gimmICKy aND coNtrIVed. ANd oLD, sinCE e.e.cummings AnYWAy.

That 2nd capital a [the niA] does look really stupid.

They may jinx themselves. The game will go downhill and crash and burn.

Capital lows are underway too, amirite?

ArcaniA : A Gothic Tale

I know I shouldn't fixate on something as trivial as a game title, but that unnecessary capital A doesn't make it any less generic a title and sure makes it a lot more annoying. If they provide a good in-game reason for it I'll happily retract my whining but I suspect it's a marketing ploy gimmick.

i know i shouldn't fixate on something as trivial as a game title, but that unnecessary capital a doesn't make it any less generic a title and sure makes it a lot more annoying. If they provide a good in-game reason for it i'll happily retract my whining but i suspect it's a marketing ploy gimmick.

+1 ;)
________
PISSING PUBLIC

Last edited:
So the extra capitalization is going to make the game suck? God I love the internet.

I should change my screen name as soon as I can !

Alrik FAssbAuer!! Nah, it looks better the original way> :)

JoWooD and middleware developer Trinigy confirmed in a PR what has been known for years. Spellbound Entertainment is using Trinigy's multi-platform technology Vision Engine 7 for ArcaniA: A Gothic Tale, the game formerly known as Gothic 4.

Um... Not sure this statement is worded properly. It makes it sound like Arcania has been in the works for years and everyone has known for years that it would use the Trinigy engine.

I think the point is that Spellbound has used that engine for years, but again, the grammar is a bit misleading.

What I wanted to say is that it has been clear for years that Spellbound licensed Vision for Arcania.
I hope my newsbit sounds like that. ;)

Edit: I already posted it two years ago in the first ever Spellbound/Gothic 4 thread:
"G4 will use the Vision engine. It´s available for most major platforms."

I stand corrected. I guess Arcania has been in the works that long. Wow, time flies!

Maybe even longer. ;)
Spellbound was a year into their own RPG with the Vision engine when they got the Gothic deal. I wouldn't be surprised if this gave them a substantial headstart.

Back
Top Bottom