Puzzle Quest Fight system is weird

Yes Paper RPG or card games, well never enjoyed so much for this same reason, I always preferred games where you could not hide behind random.

For that insistence of playing something else, that's just weird. Can't I explain a different point of view, bring some arguing and argue a bit about it?

It should not trigger a quote, but multiple....

You can discuss all you want, but perhaps you should be a bit more careful about your wording in some instances. Implying that other gamers are stupid doesn't exactly help if you expect an objective discussion.

There is actually a lot of skill involved, but if it has to explained, you won't really get it!!

JAZ: See Corwin quote above... what you want answer that apart that he is an idiot to think he is so much claver than other people.

Now I don't care this coward can refuse any debate and close any thread, I wash my hands from this.

I am still confused - Puzzle Quest is a RPG based on a match-3 'Bejeweled' type engine. Have you played that game? PQ takes that and layers RPG elements and a nice little story to make a casual game that has a bit more depth to it.

I feel you are over-analyzing it - and more importantly you have once again gone on the attack to everyone else in the thread. Yes, I am singling out *you* - maybe it is the language difference, but you are once again being openly hostile and belittling others who don't immediately accept your opinion as fact.

After playing Heroes IV for the last month. I can truly say I prefer the "random" advantages the AI has in Puzzle Quest, where with patience and skill development and experience, you can eventually get a serious strategy going that works in most cases, to an AI that is always stacked against you using sheer numbers. There's nothing random to being beaten by an enemy that has 13 black dragons when you've just managed to get one.

I don't have that problem with the combat in PQ, but my advice is when you find a game that frustrating, it's best to move on. Most people don't have the leisure time to waste on something they don't enjoy.

Last edited:
You're thinking about it too much, dasale. You *can* plot out an extensive web of moves...or you can just kick back on the couch when you've had a long day and you don't fee like some heavy mental lifting and just match up the pretty gems. It's simple enough for everyone to do regardless of their level of involvement but yet those that care to really think about it will get an advantage.

Having randomness doesn't stop strategy, in fact in many ways, it enhances it. What fun is strategy when you know exactly what will happen, that you know you will win or lose a battle before even fighting it? With chance comes excitement (and in occasion, frustration, which imho just adds to the fun)

Back
Top Bottom