The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Update: Won't be late tonight

Back home, so I'll be there tonight.

Last edited:
For the next TR group, I have no intention of TR'ing Leywind (Fighter) I will be leaving him up there along with Sparro for the time being. I have the potential to TR Rookye into another monk as well. I have another Zyn toon at level 20 (Cleric) which I will be TR'ing into a Cleric/FS not sure which yet, and I have my Druid at level 6, which I'm happy to wait and play. My Druid has run most level 1-3/4 quests I believe, possibly just needing Waterworks and STK, but if everyone were to TR around the beginning of May which gives everyone a month to get themselves ready, you could all catch up as I may or may not be running in May as I'll be back in Vancouver for 4 weeks or so before flying back to Australia so I could possibly be out

I have NO toons even close to being ready for a TR. I have a 22, a 24, and my current Friday one at 27. I have a recent TR sitting around 6 I think (Phydeaux).

Reminder:Mini-Mimic Certificates in Guild Vault

A reminder that there are mini-mimic companion certificates in the vault for all guild members who don't have on.

Update 25 is coming up, and includes a major revamp for rogues, so we might want to hold off on the TR till that is out. I plan to do Lyahnna as a rogue again.

And, the plan for tomorrow is? Epics? Will everyone be there?

I don't know if we have a plan. I still have no feel for what our new guildmates have available and what they want to run. Here's what I think our options are:

Epics- Haunted Halls, y'all! (if that entails flagging, I can just about guarantee that I'm not flagged)

12's- Ataraxia, then Restless Isles

I never did buy HH, since it's at too high a level for me to run on 99% of my characters. And since someone wanted to run Harbringer 3/Dance of Madness, I spent my earned points on that. Since I already spent around a grand in the last week on dental, I'm not spending anything on entertainment for a little while.

We could look into guest passes if it came to that, or we could look at other options. Let's see....there's epic Wheloon2 out there and there's that chain y'all are always rambling on about that allows you to craft epic items of some sort.

We've also got the option of dropping back to the 12's.

Don't matter to me none.

I don't want to be drawing down on others' points, so I'd rather not get a guest pass.

We still have the Stormhorns, Mask of Deception, Druid's Deep, Highroad, Shavarath, and epic versions of Red Fens, Carnival, and Sentinels. We can also run raids, such as DQ or VoN. We could probably even pull another FoT.

I'd be happy to spring for a guest pass, but the others work for me too. If you haven't done it, it's actually a fun quest, so you should consider doing it.

Also, just a reminder that if we want to do the dragon in HH (3 extra chests each with chances at the named loot, which is all very nice), the opener has to be someone who has done it at least once before.

I know that Mal has, & I have other toons that have, so I could open on one of them & then switch back to Lyahnna, or just stay on the other for that one quest.

Last edited:
As usual when I get to thinking, I decided to drag Aneira out of the closet for a quick LR/rebuild. Stickbarian!

18/2 Barbarian Trapper/Acrobat. Mostly invested in Ravager and Berserker, with a little in Slayer and Acrobat. I was curious about the "over-powered self healing" Barbarians get now.

In short, it is unimpressive. 25-50 point heals when they procced, though they seem to proc fairly often (12% according to the tool-tip, but that must include glancing blows). Combined with 15% alacricity with staves under T/A, and Haste Boost, it was enough to go toe to toe with the priestess in an E-Hard Impossible Demands, when she quit bugging out finally.

Mind you, Aneira's gear leaves much to be desired, even with the questionable attributes of a Stickbarian build tossed together without the benefit of the planner (new enhancements weren't in my version, and too lazy to upgrade) or even anything more than 5 years of experience in DDO to guide the build. A better suit of gear would have reduced damage, increased dps, and possibly increased the self-healing.

But as of now, while dps is solid enough (I'm not certain I even have a STR item on her), it's probably marginally behind a standard Acrobat in straight dps, and the loss of 15d6SA damage puts it further behind. And the self-healing will probably be fine for heroics, doubt it'll cut it much further than low-Epic Hards, maybe mid-Epic Normal. Given my much higher-than-standard Barbarian attack speed (Haste Boost + staff alacricity), a regular THF may even fall behind, though a TWF would possible be better with more procs, and maybe SWF as well, given it's higher attack rates.

A few notes, for those thinking of entering the truly pointy stick realm. Frenzy no longer damages you on hit, and Supreme Cleave has an associated enhancement which removes the hp requirement. So you're not suicidal!

Will most likely be MIA Friday, possibly longer. Heading to KY. Mom is sick…will see how it plays out. Right now, sitting here waiting to head for airport. Run whatever you want....I can catch up when I get home.

All the best for your mother Cm, we'll all be hoping for a speedy recovery and your quick return.

What he said. All the best, indeed.

Tomorrow? & New Mysterious Remnant Turn Ins (Healing Amp)

Two items:

1. Are we doing lowbies or hi-bies tomorrow.

2. Check out the "this week only" turn-ins for Mysterious Remnants (thru Apr 5):

Mysterious Cloaks & Bracers available for levels 7, 14 & 21 … they are quite nice. Enough so that you might want to consider farming the darn champions for them. Yes, I know some of you will never do that, but here's what they have on them:

All levels have a green and a colorless augment slot.

Level 7 - Positive Healing Amp +15 Exceptional and MRR +11 Insight - 1000 remnants
Level 14 - Positive Healing Amp +30 Exceptional and MRR +18 Insight - 4000 remnants
Level 21 - Positive Healing Amp +45 Exceptional and MRR +25 Insight - 8000 remnants

Oh, and they are BTA, so you can pass them around on your toons. I'm going to go count all my remnants. ;)

Edit: Just saw on forums that the green slot is not currently working, however I think I'll still try to get at least one. Also, the description on them is apparently wrong. Have edited above to show what is really there.

Last edited:
For those that didn't make it-

We ran the 12's thru Ataraxia (outdoors plus 2 quests). At that point a third of the group bailed. The remains buckled down and did Hiding in Plain Sight. After that, which amounted to about 2.5 hours, everyone ran off to play Pillars. Leywind and I have not hit level 13 yet (we're both in the last rank of 12) so we're going to knock out Restless Isles next. We'll probably do the outdoors and 2 quests and then take level 13 before tackling the Restless Isles raids.

There's much grumbling about this excursion, but it's been half of forever since we ran the pack and most of us have never even seen the raids. Suck it up, ninnies. :p

Looking forward, we're going to have a decision to make with respect to the Friday mains. Are we going to (at some point in the future) bring them around and keep them as the mains, or will the 12's become the mains with the TR'd toons becoming the alts? I don't care beyond that I'll be substituting someone (probably Shadohe but possibly a TR'd Phuury) in for Klubbir with that group. Leywind might have the heaviest vote since he's likely to be MIA for several weeks in May.

Once my Artie hits 28 I think I'll sub in either my 22, or my 24 depending on need. I think a mix of H&E works well and prevents us getting stale, so perhaps going forward we might consider 2 weeks of H and one of E. What do others think?

We can leave the epics up or mix in new toons for the epic runs if we want. I'll need a little guidance and/or help since I'll either have to continue running Klubbir up to cap (she's over half thru 27 now) or I'll need a little help to push Phuury into the epic levels. I have no desire to ETR Klubbir.

Back
Top Bottom