Piranha Bytes - New Publisher: Deep Silver

And who was it on the Grassy Knoll, Mo?? ;)

CIA Special Agent David M. Jones. Come on, everyone knows that :biggrin: .

WTF are you guys talking about? I need to know this to decide if it´s on topic. :biggrin:

It's on topic, but only if you're obsessed with conspiracy theories (the grassy knoll being the archetype of them all). Moriendor seems driven to reveal the truth to the masses!

Good news but that bitter taste is still in my mouth.......

'Twas a shame this is the route it took for PB to start a new game series.

And gnolls in grass skirts look silly. What are they trying to do, lull you into complacency with hula dances?

Deep Silver is the winner!!!

Interview (in german) meditate / Mike Hoge
http://worldofpiranha.de/?section=article&id=6

some details:

the new game will be a fantasy game
the world will be as big as the Gothic 1 world
more world interactivity
better combat system
better balancing
return of the chapter system
hand placed monsters, items, chests + content
main story is written already

+

PB installs a better controlling system
the game will get better testing before release

=

sounds good !

Last edited:
They've better get an English forum.

The interview sound great. :)
Especially that the world will only be as big as the one in Gothic. Small world + finished technology means they can save a lot of time.

Sometimes I really like the way Mo's evil mind works!! :) He could be spot on correct!!!!

I hope they bring back the guilds, because it was great to belong to some group and it increased the replay value tremendously. Also I wouldn't mind seeing a bit bigger world than g1.. Still no need to go in extremes like they did in g3...maybe something in between (g2+notr).

Not sure I like the idea of the return of the chapters since it's a bit of a nuisance for us "completists" when you end up doing a lot of "work" (talking to NPCs, exploring the world looking for newly spawned herbs/monsters/NPCs etc) for as many times as there are chapters over and over again but all the rest surely sounds good. Then again, Gothic III originally sounded really good on "paper", too...

The interview sound great. :)
Especially that the world will only be as big as the one in Gothic. Small world + finished technology means they can save a lot of time.

Nay, sorry!
That doesn't sound too great for me, frankly.
It's as i feared (and had already read from PB remarks these recent months):
Backlash was expected - but this one's too much into the other extreme (from G3 perspective) in my eyes, way to.
As disappointing as their last game has been in key departments (we all know which they are, don't we?!) - they shouldn't right throw everything from it overboard.

Especially as far as "The Return Of The Chapters" is concerned, this sounds very stale.
One would think PB should be able to come up with a better, more organic way of organising respawn, world progression and story advancement nowadays! :S

As terrifying as this comes to me (and it is vastly shocking, believe me, folks! :eek: ) - but i´m quite with Moe on this here, absolutely! :x
(Come on! Beat me! Beat the crap out of my flayed mind AT ONCE, guys! o_o )
*BIGgrin*

And also the size of the world - s.th. between G2 and G2NOTR it still should be. Represents the last successful standard as set for the G-Series.
One shouldn't go below, actually.

But, oh well, whatever the possible demand for an as short a dev cycle and the limitations of a still small team on the backdrop of the current crisis might require - hope the PBs know it best.
*sigh*

Yet, this still all sounds too much backpeddling to me. Overreaction.

And heaven help, this talk about already Remakes - repeating the bleak strategy Hollywood is employing already over years, with mediocre success. Lord, please spare us! *ARRGH*
Appears like a wet community dream come true.
Alas, comm. proposals can be very tricky... and misleading - as G3 also proves! :[ *rolleyes*

Ragon, The G2-Mage

Back
Top Bottom