Shadows Usergroup!

Can't it be done that all (content - {NFG}) becomes public?

These days there are not many things you can trust as being private, especially given the recent hack.

Can't it be done that all (content - {NFG}) becomes public?
No, like I said; I have no way of verifying if content from a former usergroup should become public or not, so the idea is that no usergroup becomes public.

Anyway, my main interest in making the former RPGDot public would not be related to the forums.

I must admit I can't remember what I shared but I remember some people sharing things with "the group" that they never thought would be for general consumption. So I'd have to vote no for a public display of the old private groups

Myrthos has made it clear the usergroups will not be made available.

I still think anyone interested in starting up the Shadows Group should start a thread for testing interest and go from there. I was not a member but knew several and they were very talented. Give it try.

I'm trying to remember when I joined RPGDot. It was a long, long time ago. I don't even remember the NFG but I'm not much of a non-game poster. I'll post an occasional book reading, but that's about it. When it comes to the Dot, I think it'd be cool to go back and read old gaming posts. There's stuff I posted back then that I'm sure I'd laugh at today.

I wonder how much interest there would be in a potential RP thread if we did start one now. The one run by Khass was going pretty well until it came to an abrupt end, but that was quite long ago, too. The Shadows group was popular and active but that was when us Gothic junkies were still in large numbers.

As for the Shadows' forum content… huh, considering the nostalgia factor, I'm not sure whether I would or wouldn't want to see it again. Is there any potential value in it for others? I guess someone could read a few of the stories written there, but I feel that it would be pretty boring for people who aren't former Shadows. ;)

I think Neo was quite talented for this :)

To be completely honest, the usergroup I made back then ended up as a failure :p. Took me weeks and weeks of work to create, though!

I also second the opinion about not making the NFG available for public. I remember some pretty sensetive topics from back then which some (including me) would feel more comfortable with if it was to be kept private.

Back
Top Bottom