The Witcher - Goes Mobile

Dhruin

SasqWatch
CD Projekt has licensed a mobile version of The Witcher:
Breakpoint, a rapidly growing developer and publisher of entertainment software for wireless devices, is going to bring the Witcher to mobile phones as the result of a licensing agreement with CD Projekt, a leading Eastern European publisher of PC games. The PC RPG to be released by CD Projekt this spring is going to be accompanied by the mobile game developed by Breakpoint. The latter is a 2D side-scrolling platform fighting game with RPG elements. Both games put a lot of emphasis on an innovative combat system.
More information.

I have yet to have played any of the cell-phone RPG's such as Baldur's Gate, NWN, Doom RPG or Orcs and Elves ...

Problem is, they should be pushing out the PC version instead of blabbering/thinking about branching off to different platforms. Also, it was just today that I was amazed to read they are already working on an Expansion Disk and a sequel; dammit, why aren't they releasing the game already?!

Bollox.

Well, the mobile stuff is handled very much separately - there are companies who do nothing but that.

CD Project must have good funding if they can branch out so much already when Witcher's PC version hasn't been even released yet.

Well, CD Projekt has been a very successful publisher (in their own market) for 10 years. Don't forget that CD Projekt Red (the studio) is just one business unit of CD Projekt (the publisher), who has titles going out all the time. I think they have plenty of cash and being a publisher, they naturally have development contacts to call on.

I'm not aware that the NWN mobile (watch) ever got more than a goofy picture. Oblivion was made and I think the old Wizardry's were too.

Back
Top Bottom