Pricewatch!

It looks like the bonus games will be Risen, Sacred Citadel and Metro 2033!

How do you mean by bonus games? I don't see the above titles listed there. Do you have to pay more than $5 to get them?

How do you mean by bonus games? I don't see the above titles listed there. Do you have to pay more than $5 to get them?

For the record, I don't see the games in question either (Metro 2033. Risen, & Sacred Citadel).

Saints Row: The Third
Saints Row 2
Risen 2: Dark Waters
Sacred 2 Gold
Dead Island + SR3 Full Package:$4.95 or more
Dead Island Riptide $25 or more

+ soundtracks.

For the record, I don't see the games in question either (Metro 2033. Risen, & Sacred Citadel).

Saints Row: The Third
Saints Row 2
Risen 2: Dark Waters
Sacred 2 Gold
Dead Island + SR3 Full Package:$4.95 or more
Dead Island Riptide $25 or more

+ soundtracks.

This is what I was trying to find out as well. I don't see those games listed so was wondering how much you need to pay to see them etc.

That is the word - anyone who beat the average is safe getting the bonus games.

Yes, they're usually announced later. Hot candidates are older games in the same series (Risen) or games the publisher doesn't have to pay royalties for (Metro).

You can't see them now, and nobody known them for certain. The new games are used to start a second marketing wave for the bundle.

Bethesda/Zenimax is doing their Quakecon bundle. Pretty much the entire catalog including dishonored, all Id games, skyrim, etc. for $89.99. Or individually 75% off all Id games and 25% off all non Id games.

Probably not worth it to buy the non Id games by themselves though as they were cheaper during the steam sale.

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/29703/

On a seperate front, the humble bundle weekly sale for this week includes the various King's Bounty games and several Men of War titles:

www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Hexen and Heretic are missing from my backlog. The collection is dirt cheap (i.e. $2.50). Well maybe more expensive than the worst topsoil. Should I pile them on?

EDIT: Piled for less than a happy meal.

This is what I was trying to find out as well. I don't see those games listed so was wondering how much you need to pay to see them etc.

They were speculated as possible bonus titles to be added later in the sale. As in, they are not part of it now but it's speculated they might be added later. That happens with the humble bundle - they sometimes add additional bonus games as the sale goes on. If you had already paid more than the current average then you'll get them unless they're paywalled at a specific price. If not, you can up your amount later.

One day someone will actually make a good Lovecraft-based game. One day….

Yeah Dark Corners of the Earth is probably the closest, and that's more solidly decent than decidedly good.

Yeah Dark Corners of the Earth is probably the closest, and that's more solidly decent than decidedly good.

Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land isn't completely bad either, but it's a tad simplistic and quite short.

There's endless potential for that setting in a video game. It amazes me that so few Lovecraft games have been attempted.

Fallout Quakecon saleprice on steam dropped to 75% off (previously 25% off) as part of "Fallout Day" special. Includes Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate. So if you missed getting either one for $5 during the steam sale, it's a second chance to do so.

Wonder if tomorrow will be elder scrolls day?

Edit: yes it will be. From Bethblog:

Saturday: The Elder Scrolls Sale, with Elder Scrolls titles and DLCs selling for 40-75% off
Sunday: Dishonored, including DLC 66% off

Last edited:
Fallout Quakecon saleprice on steam dropped to 75% off (previously 25% off) as part of "Fallout Day" special. Includes Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout New Vegas Ultimate. So if you missed getting either one for $5 during the steam sale, it's a second chance to do so.

Wonder if tomorrow will be elder scrolls day?

Edit: yes it will be. From Bethblog:

I really hope Dragonborn will be one of the 75% off titles, but I won't hold my breath. During the summer sale it never went on a good sale, and that was one of the few things that I intended to pick up.

I really hope Dragonborn will be one of the 75% off titles, but I won't hold my breath. During the summer sale it never went on a good sale, and that was one of the few things that I intended to pick up.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/quakecon1

Dragonborn is 50% off (as are Dawnguard and Hearthfire). The legendary edition is 40% off again (same as during steam sale) while the complete editions of Oblivion and Morrowind are 75% off.

You'll probably end up waiting at least until the holiday sale for the Skyrim DLC to be 75% off I'd wager.

On GOG.com there's an indie action game promo at 60% off for several titles, nothing terribly RPG related, though Trine is supposed to be pretty good:

http://www.gog.com/promo/indie_action_weekend_promo_020813

You can buy them individually and you still get the 60% off price.

And finally green-man gaming has up to 80% off various Rockstar titles with particularly good deals on games like L.A. Noire and the complete Max Payne.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/rockstar-offer/

Note though that with some of those, such as L.A. Noire, it can be much cheaper to buy the DLC packages and game seperately as those may be more heavily discounted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom