Wiz8 help

roqua

Sentinel
Last time I played had had Deathstalker installed. I uninstalled the game. reinstalled it recently, and used the Flamestalkyr mod. I spend hours resting, using spells, etc to raise them. All my guys are now lvl at least lvl 10 (some 11). I finally go to leave the monastary and and crash. I figure its a problem with the two mods. So id elete everything but my save game file. Reinstall wiz8+patch+FS mod. Go to leave monsastary and no problem. Kill, kill, kill. Try and open my sams inv and it crashes. Problem is some of my guys have weapons they shouldn't, like the rocket launcher in my gadgeteers inv or shimmering sword my sam has.

I download the wiz 8 editor that allows item editing. The one you need tabctl32.ocx for, and that crashes also.

Is there any chance I can remove the bad items or is starting over my only option? or maybe I can add just the bad items? I don't know.

I lied, lvl 9 and 10, not 10 and 11. But still, I wouldn't want to do it all over again.

Last edited:
The only mod I use is Wizfast, so I can't really help you on this one, roqua.

I fixed it, the rocket launcher and shimmer sword are actually part of this mod, if anyone cared. If you haven't played them with a mod yet dte, you should. THe FS mod has really added a lot to the game. For instance, there is a house in Arnkia filled with Mook betrayers, its a very tough battle. ANd the other houses have housewives that are very hard to land a blow on. And it seems the random map monsters have been descreased.

Much more enjoyable.

Wiz 8 is on my replay list for next year, after I finish G3 and NWN2!! I like to replay one or two older games every year!!

What Patch are you running the mod on? IIRC there were 2, the last one nerfed pickpocketing.

In general, I avoid gameplay-altering mods, but I might give it a swing in the future, roqua.

@roqua

which Wiz8-mod is more fun ?

Deathstalker
or
Flamestryke

maybe I'll try one in my next Wiz8 game.

Deathstalker is a heavy mod. There are 2 rpcs from the start, and you get heavy gear from the start. But, the challenge is greatly increased.

FS's mod is more like a med mod. Less roaming encounters but more static, planned, tougher encounters.

Both add items and monsters into the game, as well as other things (FS mod adds a couple special crafted weapons that most classes can make by merging items).

Both are great mods, it depends on if you are looking for heavy change or a medium change.

Back
Top Bottom