Age of Decadence - Experimenting with Endings

Dhruin

SasqWatch
A new thread from Vince at The Age of Decadence forums gives a couple of text examples from the 14 different endings of the upcoming Combat Demo and some sample screens of a concept for the presentation. The shorter one:
You try to get up, but you can't. The puddle of blood around you is getting bigger. You know what it means, but you refuse to believe it. It can't end like this. You try to say something, but almost choke on the blood and pass out.

Later on the slaves pick up your body and drag it to the dump. You're still alive when they throw your body into a large pile of rotting corpses and waste - your final resting place. The smell is nauseating. You start praying for a merciful death, but the gods are busy and you have to wait for hours until your wish is granted.
More information.

I take it that is the "You lose" ending where you die a horrible death. I love the writing. I can feel the frustration and resignation of this characters death.

I'm not going to read the rest of the endings. I would prefer to be surprised, but if they're anything like this then AOD looks like it's going to be one great game/story.

Back
Top Bottom