Just found that site...

Hey, another refugee whose name I read before! :)

...and I like it just as much as rpgdot.com. Congrats.

Oh, and thanks for making that site a lot faster than rpgdot.com.

I'm pretty sure we are having much lower traffic so that would explain that we are much faster. I'm however not sure about the hosting services. I would expect that as the traffic grows, it will be a problem...

Nevertheless, less traffic or not, all those streaming ads on the Jolt site did take its toll. As long as those are avoided I don't see how this site could ever become that slow.

We will see. There are things that are hard to avoid. I can clearly remember what (and why) happened to Dot.

You get more traffic, you try to live with it. Then it gets worse, so you ask your users to give you money so you can buy better hosting. You are faster, people like it and you get more traffic. Sooner or later you have to consider adds. Well and it is not easy to get adds. And then you have to consider other alternatives.

I'm not saying this site is doomed. I'm trying to explain why the things with Dot ended up where they ended up. The sooner we think about it, the better.

Well if traffic was the cause, then I look forward to a slow down here. I think the layout is faster though with out the adds and popups. Wheres_the_Guru, in what way is this layout difficult? I know the bosses here would like any constructive input. :)

i like this one too. it's more arranged.at the dot , when i first registered i didn't knew how to enter the forums or use the search optin but now it's easy (IMO)

Back
Top Bottom