error help

niadly

Patrick Swayze
i havent changed ANYTHINGsince my last time playing this game.

just went to start and got error message about sound file not on cache list.
so i looked in my directory and i dont have that file at all.
help! what do i do?

Untitled.jpg

lol, yeah, i changed SOUNDS_ to SOUNDS
but still get error
i dont even have the file DLG01423

i dont even have the file DLG01423

You get this error whenever the content of a folder is different from what the game expects. So just move all the extracted stuff somewhere else...

i moved the entire Sounds folder to the desktop, and still got the error. I was just playing a few days ago so im a little urked. will try uninstall/reinstall.

Have you experimented with patching?

I ask, since without patch, there is no either CACHE\sndlist.dat file, nor "sounds" folder.

But with patch, there are both, and in fact both need to be present (if you remove any file originally part of patched sounds folder, game would complain in similar manner). Same if you remove sndlist.dat, while those files are present.

P.S.
The thing is, that unlike our little hacks with cutscenes for Precursors and White Gold, when developers add files in sounds folder, they just make new sndlist.dat that is compatible with those files.

P.P.S.
Having neither sndlist.dat, nor sounds folder would work too, and it that case game will only use unpatched sounds, that are all stored in gf_sounds.grp.

just pulled out sndlist and sounds folder to desktop, got same error.
im gonna try the reinstall thing now.

Compile shader

Hey, can anyone help me I keep getting an error when trying to run Xenus 2 game. The game worked the first time I ran it.

Error is:
Unable to compile shader "ALPHAGLOW_LIGHTMAP"

I bought the English version from Gamersgate. Updated to the unofficial 1.6

Back
Top Bottom