Shroud of the Avatar - Update of the Avatar

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Shroud of the Avatar has another update this about the Decorating Demo Video, Edelmann Home, Tower Homes, & Unity Scene Jam!
Decor of the Avatar

For many of us, home decorating is central to our role-playing experience. It affords us the opportunity for self-expression, a display of status, showcasing the spoils of our adventures, or advertising our craft. The home decorating system in SotA continues to evolve both in power and ease of use. Mere words cannot do it justice, so Rick Holtrop choreographed this video demonstrating the latest progress in our home decorating system, narrated by Lord British. Enjoy!

Founder Edelmann Village Home

Bob Cooksey (environment artist) modified his concept of the Founder Edelmann Village Home based on the results of the community Poll in our Dev+ forums. Here is the revised version, only available to Founders (included as a reward in the Edelmann level pledge). It is a single-story dwelling, comparable in size to the Founder Citizen Village Home.
SotA_Edelmann_Village_Home1-1024x489.jpg

Get Your Tower Home Now and SAVE 50%!

For a limited time we’re offering a 50% discount on the Tower Homes! The Tower Village is available for $50 (regular $100) and the Tower Town is available for $75 (regular $150)!

Reserve your Tower Home at the Add-On Store!

• You will need a Village, Town, or City Level Property to place the Tower Village home in-game, and a Town or City Level Property to place the Tower Town home in-game.
• Citizen Level pledges and higher will still receive the home included in their rewards if they purchase the Tower Home as an add-on.
SotA_Towers_Village_Town_Home-1024x476.jpg

More information.

Last edited:
Am I understanding that correctly? They want $50 for an imaginary home?
Yes they are and this is nothing new. The topic has already been talked about in a thousand different ways already on the watch.;)

I am happy to see how just about everything is considered an object in the world that can be manipulated. So tired of static art or worlds where the only interact-able objects are crates and barrels - whose interactions are usually limited to open/close/smash.

Hopefully the ability to manipulate objects individually will extend beyond house decorating to include cool ways of discovering things, quests, secret areas, and exploration in general.

At first I thought this was a real estate scam game. But this video was pretty cool. I like to be pimping out my avatar home in 3D. Now if only they made this a true MMO. There could be alot of fun times if other players can run by your house and try to player kill you by shooting arrowz or fireballs at your rooftop when the owner is trying to get his suntan.

Yes they are and this is nothing new. The topic has already been talked about in a thousand different ways already on the watch.;)

No, before it was made clear that you could buy a house with in-game money. In this case I find the actual amount to be remarkable; it seems as if they are counting on wealthy gamers to buy into this model. $50 is close to the price of a complete game, so the most likely buyers are those with money to burn.

No, before it was made clear that you could buy a house with in-game money. In this case I find the actual amount to be remarkable; it seems as if they are counting on wealthy gamers to buy into this model. $50 is close to the price of a complete game, so the most likely buyers are those with money to burn.
Yes but it's a castle who doesn't want a castle.;)

Visit the forums and you will find the fans of the game want this. It's just a way to earn money for development,and offer something some want .

Um, you can still buy the house in game, this is just a way to:

A) provide funding to develop.
B) get a house right away.

I'm not getting a house, well not until in game.

The moving items is pretty cool, very ultimaish:)

Did some house brokage firm donate XXX million dollars to this project or is it just RG that is obsessed with decorating houses. So glad I didn't in anyway back this.

Did some house brokage firm donate XXX million dollars to this project or is it just RG that is obsessed with decorating houses. So glad I didn't in anyway back this.

Being a Ebay gold seller myself during Ultima Online 1998-2001 days, it comes as no surprise that certain fans will pay huge amounts of money for ingame property, i have sold small houses from $200-325 USD. Log cabins for $400 USD and small towers for $800 usd. Back then there was a castle that sold in the nieghborhood of $4,000 USD in UO.

Many current new fans to the Ultima Series or new to Online gaming don't understand the addicttion of gaming or the great need to own virtual homes in an MMO, it can be alot of fun and self satisfaction.

Last edited:
Excellent question that was not yet answered by story tellers, game designers or footage.

One possible answer, is to arrange your furnature in a virtual house - I hope they get their furnature ideas from IKEA!

Wow, seriously? how many times did I post that video from Rooster that they had of a dungeon crawl from the game?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKcoeH1ijjU

Umpteenth time I've posted this....come on guys.

I'm presuming you can sheath your sword at some point! Looks a bit silly doing home decorating with a longsword in hand.

Wow, seriously? how many times did I post that video from Rooster that they had of a dungeon crawl from the game?

Umpteenth time I've posted this….come on guys.

Video and information is not the same thing.

Zloth I'm presuming you can sheath your sword at some point! Looks a bit silly doing home decorating with a longsword in hand.

I don't think so.. what if you see some rats will decorating, you need to kill them ASAP as to not ruin the housing experiance for your visitors. Besides sheeting the sword might take development resources away from developing new interiors for your to put in your house.

Umpteenth time I've posted this….come on guys.

Really?

So will there be companions? What sort of quests and side quests we will have? Will there be more than one ending? What about choices and consequences? Can you kill NPCs? What kind of leveling system we will have? Who are the main characters and their role in the game? and many more.

Ofcourse all we know is the the online and offline experince are interwind so as to make the world more dynamic. Is that implying that the game and NPC AI is not up to scratch?

Really?

So will there be companions? What sort of quests and side quests we will have? Will there be more than one ending? What about choices and consequences? Can you kill NPCs? What kind of leveling system we will have? Who are the main characters and their role in the game? and many more.

Ofcourse all we know is the the online and offline experince are interwind so as to make the world more dynamic. Is that implying that the game and NPC AI is not up to scratch?

A lot of that is answered in the many interviews they have done. RG has come out and said he doesn't want to give out to much information. During the kickstarter I pushed companions pretty hard, they did say there would be some. That video was done at the 3 month mark for them developing...I'm sure more info will come, plus there is a lot of that answered on the forums if you take the time to look.

Gothic Goddess, none of that is even worth responding too.

Many gamers are into in-game homes and decorating them? Seriously? They are willing to pay real money to do this? Wow. I can think of few things dumber and more pointless in gaming.

Don't know about paying real money for in-game house but house mods for Skyrim (and many other games) are very popular.

My kids play a game where they can decorate the interior of a house as they see fit. They spend quite a bit of time in that game. Decorating is most of the time the only thing they do in the game, they don't care much about the rest of the game. Perhaps they are thrilled with this third or something update on housing and decorating. I'll ask them once they stop playing The Sims 3.

Back
Top Bottom