Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition for iPad Announced and More

Someone put these poor people out of there misery. Time to round up the posse and burn the heretics.:faint::whip: Quick before more mindless drones popup and take over the internet.

You guys think I'm an Apple fan? .

Who cares? There are plenty of Apple fans here. You are the ONLY one who seems to restart dead discussions, have 80% of posts on a thread and so on - not ON TOPIC, but simply to push an agenda.

Who cares about this 'friend' of yours? What does it have to do with Baldur's Gate?

Because everything this guy says is like it is coming out of Steve Jobs' mouth. I've never heard him say a single negative thing about the company and ever since landing a job there he walks around with flair (look at the image above) like he is above everyone else and is Tim Cook himself.

Because everything this guy says is like it is coming out of Steve Jobs' mouth. I've never heard him say a single negative thing about the company and ever since landing a job there he walks around with flair (look at the image above) like he is above everyone else and is Tim Cook himself.

Apple indoctrination this requires more study.:anxious:

I was thinking he needed less 'study' and more STFU! :D

Well that to. But alas I should stop feeding the troll if anyone remembers how that story ends.:)

:)

Hey, but on actually somewhat relate news they announced that BG EE is also coming to Mac OSX this summer, via the Mac App Store. I know it is yet another Steam-like DRM-laden lock-down ... but since I change laptops annually, I love those things.

But seriously though, I am a freelance writer and reporter and focus most of my writing on Apple products. Just check my Trainsignal profile. Do you guys seriously expect me to hate the company I cover on a regular basis?

No ... And obviously (as I type this on my new iPad) I am also a fan of the company. But there is a difference between liking a company and it's products and trolling every potential thread having to do with something mobile and polluting it with off topic posts that simply spout apple love ...

A few years ago this place was decidedly anti-Apple and hostile to anyone using the products ... regardless of what some folks chose to believe. I was very vocal about it, to the point that the conflicts rose to the level where I used to contribute at least 25% of reviews and a number of news posts and then I simply stopped.

But in tech years, that was FOREVER ago ... the Watch is full of all sorts of people from all demographics with all sorts of allegiances and past and current biases. But I have seen the sort of open and thoughtful discourse about all sorts of things mobile and cross platform in the last couple of years, just like for all other RPGS topics.

I think it's pretty safe to say that pretty much all of you all talking shit about everything except me.

P.S. I honestly thought AppleIntimidation was an automated spam bot for a couple of months before he sort of showed signs of human behaviour.

P.P.S. I own an iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and an iPad. And a one-year-old 1500 euro gaming PC, an Xbox 360 and a PS3.

I think it's pretty safe to say that pretty much all of you all talking shit about everything except me.

P.S. I honestly thought AppleIntimidation was an automated spam bot for a couple of months before he sort of showed signs of human behaviour.

P.P.S. I own an iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and an iPad. And a one-year-old 1500 euro gaming PC, an Xbox 360 and a PS3.

Are you sure he is a person.:p

I own almost every handheld and gaming console from the last 15 years and a pc myself. I still find I have no use for any apple product.

Now let me fire up my zune.:smitten:

Why would you push apple on an rpg gaming site anyway. If I want to play rpg's or any games really apple would be my last choice by far,

A good number of rpg's aren't even available on mac or need 3rd party software to run. I guess you could dual boot but then aren't you just playing a pc with overpriced hardware.

The best rpg for the ipad won't be released until this summer and will be a 14 year old pc port.

There is nothing wrong with a mac or ipad but if you want to game pretty much every other platform is better.

Why would you push apple on an rpg gaming site anyway. If I want to play rpg's or any games really apple would be my last choice by far,

A good number of rpg's aren't even available on mac or need 3rd party software to run. I guess you could dual boot but then aren't you just playing a pc with overpriced hardware.

The best rpg for the ipad won't be released until this summer and will be a 14 year old pc port.

There is nothing wrong with a mac or ipad but if you want to game pretty much every other platform is better.

Every time you type you show your ignorance and bias. So to turn the question, why would you talk about Apple products when you demonstrably have absolutely no idea what you are talking about?

If you don't realize that more time, energy and money is being spent on RPGs for iPad than for the PC, well, time to wake up. The reason? More actual money being made, less piracy, and a better conversion of time to money. And developers will follow the money ...

Unfortunately, all that time and effort does not result in better RPGs. The effort seems to be about how to milk a very large emerging impulse-driven market more than providing deep, long, complex, interesting RPGs because it's somehow a better platform.

That said, the first time I see an iPad/Android/Smartphone RPG that can compete with PC RPGs like Skyrim, Fallout 3, The Witcher, Mass Effect, Drakensang, Titan Quest, Dragon Age, Deus Ex, etc. etc. etc. - I'll start being interested. Oh, and I'm not talking about remakes of already existing PC games.

Of course, for the people heavy into convenience and reliving 15 year old rehashes or 5-10 hour "it's cool what can be done on a small device" games - it's another story.

Back
Top Bottom