ES4: Oblivion - + Bioshock Bundle Now Available

They are still selling Oblivion? smh..

They are still selling Oblivion? smh..

While they sold millions, that means there are still millions who haven't bought it yet ...

I loved both... but bundling them??? So will Deus Ex 3 be bundled with Dragon Age: Origins?

Oblivion and Bioshock ... perfect! I would call it the "Dumbed Down Bundle".

Well,according to Metacritic's rating they are both in the top 10 list of the best PC games ever made :D

but would you care to explain how it was "dumbed down"?

Play and compare it to System Shock 2 (same developers, basically), and you will see what I mean. Just take the "RPG elements" or the "hacking". Those are ridiculous in Bioshock.

Bioshock on it's own was not a bad game at all, in fact I really enjoyed it. But if you compare it to the System Shock games, then yes... it fails miserably.

Play and compare it to System Shock 2 (same developers, basically), and you will see what I mean. Just take the "RPG elements" or the "hacking". Those are ridiculous in Bioshock.
While I'd agree with the first part, hacking in SS2 was hardly the apex of cerebral gaming- glorified tic tac toe vs Pipe Dream, which is better and why? Though admittedly, at least SS2's was quick and used less often.

The hacking in SS1 on the other hand...

Bioshock on it's own was not a bad game at all, in fact I really enjoyed it. But if you compare it to the System Shock games, then yes... it fails miserably.

I completely agree - it is an odd thing, really ... sort of like Fallout 3, where they would have been better off not using the moniker of classic games none of the console kiddies care about anyway.

Back
Top Bottom