Rock, Paper, Shotgun - An Exciting List of Games for 2012

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Rock, Paper, Shotgun has An Exciting List of PC Games For 2012, scientifically derived as they explain:
PLEASE NOTE: THIS LIST IS ORDERED BY APPROXIMATE EXCITINGNESS DIVIDED BY LIKELIHOOD OF ACTUALLY BEING RELEASED IN 2012. EXCITINGNESS IS MEASURED INDEPENDENTLY BY SWISS SCIENTISTS.
Essesntially, this is a list of every PC game they could think of that shows some form of promise. There are a good smattering of RPGs - all of which you should know - but perhaps some you might have forgotten.
Thanks to jhwisner for also sending this in.
More information.

Cool list - so many good games ... so little time.

Heh, while I realize their scientific process was added just for a bit of humor, they surely meant say "multiplied by the likelihood of actually being released in 2012".

Otherwise, an entertaining list to browse.

Some of those games are on my shopping list. This was my favorite quote:

Grim Dawn

Nothing can contain our excitement over Grim Dawn – look! there goes a bit of it now, whizzing off into space. Crate Entertainment spoke to us about their plans for the hardcore ARPG, and said: “I think we’re probably unique just in the sense that, while most studios are redesigning their games to be more casual-player friendly, we’re busy making Grim Dawn more complex and probably casual-player hostile.” I could have hugged them. We hoped this would appear in 2011, actually, but we’ll settle for 2012.

Glad I'm not the only one looking forward to the XCOM shooter! Though I wish X: Rebirth were higher on the list. You would think a game like that would be right up a Swiss scientist's alley...

Surprisingly, there are a few titles of interest.

Dead state and AoD (doubtful ?) for 2012 ? Color me interested.

Risen 2 is, of course, a no brainer. King Arthur 2 also…

Grim Dawn (Although Hack an slashers are not really my thing. Dungeon Siege 1 being the last I bothered with iirc) seems like an endeavor worthy of support (I would certainly prefer to give my money to these guys rather than the thing Blizzard is cooking at any rate).

I am keeping my eye (but not my hopes up) on Dishonored. Same for Thief 4 but I just can't see that one for 2012…

And they had to remind me of Stalker 2 again :-/

Torchlight 2 & Crusader kings 2 = 1st day buy
not sure how Thief 4 will be , i 'll wait for gamer's complaints in their forums first.

On the other hand no title looks very innovative so far

Yeah I like to browse official forums when I'm feeling bad about myself or feeling like a jerk. After reading some of the posts and responses I tend to feel a lot better about myself because I can say something to myself along the lines of "I'm not ballzilla76." The tech support subsections are a good place to start for that because any request for help from a gamer who reveals that they are in the least bit angry will have a variation on the asinine and passive-aggressive "It works for me so you must be doing something wrong" response on the very first page. Lately the official Dark Souls forums have been making me feel like I should start comparing myself favorably to figures like Gandhi.

Heh, while I realize their scientific process was added just for a bit of humor, they surely meant say "multiplied by the likelihood of actually being released in 2012".

Depends on in what direction the list is ordered. ;) But yeah, the first thing I thought when reading through that list was, damn. I'm not gonna have enough time for this in 2012.

On the other hand no title looks very innovative so far

I don't care. I don't want all my games to be innovative.

Yeah I like to browse official forums when I'm feeling bad about myself or feeling like a jerk. After reading some of the posts and responses I tend to feel a lot better about myself because I can say something to myself along the lines of "I'm not ballzilla76." The tech support subsections are a good place to start for that because any request for help from a gamer who reveals that they are in the least bit angry will have a variation on the asinine and passive-aggressive "It works for me so you must be doing something wrong" response on the very first page. Lately the official Dark Souls forums have been making me feel like I should start comparing myself favorably to figures like Gandhi.

A protip : never post in gaming forums , it is not worth your finger tissue .
Read the forums and the complaints , if the issues the game has doesn't concern you then go on and buy if they do then GTFO and never look back.

Oooh, oooh, cool! There were two remakes on that list, which I didn't know about previously, which I'm VERY interested about now: Xenonauts (a proper remake of X-Com, not a darn FPS!) and Carrier Command: Gaea Mission (a remake of Carrier Command - in which I hope the AI opponent doesn't cheat like crazy, it did on the original). Sweet!

Several games I had completely forgotten. 2012 is starting to look good!

I have to admit that is a comprehensive and cool preview. I found some games that I added to my watch list, and I'm *very* picky in general. The ones I think look good and were new to me are: Aliens: Colonial Marines, Arma 3, and AMY. Of course, I'm also excited about Thief 4 (who isn't), but doubt it will get released this year. I already knew about Grim Dawn and Dead State and Tomb Raider.

Thanks for the list and I like what they did with Prey 2. Kind of Stalker and Blade Runner elements open world FPS. Still has a linear story but might be fun.

[...] Carrier Command: Gaea Mission (a remake of Carrier Command - in which I hope the AI opponent doesn't cheat like crazy, it did on the original). Sweet!
ADD ME. I pre-ordered and got access to the beta and I must say I'm stunned. This will be great. AFAIK we see the final version in november.

Back
Top Bottom