Witcher 3 - Now with 100% More Playable Characters

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!
So far, the Witcher series has been centered on the character of Geralt. He's still got the lead in The Wild Hunt, but apparently one of the other characters from the preview that debuted at tonight's VGA awards will be playable as well. But they haven't said which one.

There's no confirmation of whether this is really an alternative choice of hero throughout the game, or whether (more likely) you'll just take control of the character during their own set of sidequests.

My guess it's the white-haired, elder-blooded woman referred to as Siri in the video.

More information.

Ciri (not Siri) is a one of the main characters in book series, so she definitely is going to take a major role in Wild Hunt. Your guess is probably right. ;)

Excited now. Again. More than before, I mean. Not so much with the news of the new playable character -- am happy enough with the crusty, white-haired geriatric -- but just with things in general.

Wait. Geralt's old. Ciri's age is questionable (never read the books, myself, so my lore's a wee bit lacking), but her white hair gives her the appearance, at least, of being older, even if she's really not. If Ciri's the new playable character, does this mean that CDPR is catering to the Senior Citizen gaming demographic?

Bold move, CDPR. I applaud you, sir.

>>does this mean that CDPR is catering to the Senior Citizen gaming demographic?
>>Bold move, CDPR. I applaud you, sir.

That is a good one!

They already pulled this in Witcher 2 and it was awesome surprise. I expected it for TW3.
My money is on Ciri definitely.

Excited now. Again. More than before, I mean. Not so much with the news of the new playable character — am happy enough with the crusty, white-haired geriatric — but just with things in general.

Wait. Geralt's old. Ciri's age is questionable (never read the books, myself, so my lore's a wee bit lacking), but her white hair gives her the appearance, at least, of being older, even if she's really not. If Ciri's the new playable character, does this mean that CDPR is catering to the Senior Citizen gaming demographic?

Ciri would technically be 22 in the first The Witcher game going by the official timeline.

The technically is important because

Alvin

Last edited:
Till they promise cards from TW1 will be back, all my comments will be:

Peh.

Joxer you're hard to please :)

Don't be deceived be the colour of the hair. Geralt did have white hair since he passed the trial of the grasses as a teenager. And Ciri is of the elder blood so her life span can be measured in centuries rather than decades.

I don't quite get the connection either. All I really know is that TW1 implied rather heavily that Alvin may or may not have been doing a bit of time-hopping as well as space-hopping with those periodic teleportations of his, and that the Grand Master may (or may not) have been, in fact,
Alvin himself… in some form, or frmo one time period or another. Or, if not Alvin himself,
then the two had almost certainly met face to face somewhere/somewhen.

As I said: Fuzzy on the lore of the world.

Re: Ages: Yes. I did allow for the possibility that the ages of the players involved may not have been all that great. I myself know one man whose hair turned white for no particular reason that I'm aware of at the ripe old age of 24, so I know it happens even here on mundane old Earth. It's uncommon enough in youth, however, while at the same time being virtually synonymous with old age/wisdom, that even young characters with white hair come across as being "old". That's all I was going for.

Last edited:
I don't see the connection.

Ciri is a source with powers to bend time and space like Alvin...and she did time-travel.

Ah ok… I'm not yet familiar with Ciri because I haven't read the novels.

Still, I don't know if those characters having similiar abilities necessarily means there's a connection between them.

@azarhal
Can you point out where she did what you wrote she did? I just finished reading the novels available in English, and the synopsis of the rest, and I don't remember anything like that.

Teleportation, transdimensional travel, yes, but that too only because she used some portals that were already present in the world and had tremendous powers.

Well... time travelling is connected with transdimensional travels. Stability of many portals has degraded over time and, if a person steps through one, it might be difficult (if not impossible) to get to the same locality and time frame. In fact, Ciri spends a lot of time trying to get back to the times of Geralt and Yennifer

Ah ok… I'm not yet familiar with Ciri because I haven't read the novels.

Still, I don't know if those characters having similiar abilities necessarily means there's a connection between them.

I don't think there is any connection in term of characters (although there could be who knows), my comment was more in term of abilities.

Excited now. Again. More than before, I mean. Not so much with the news of the new playable character — am happy enough with the crusty, white-haired geriatric — but just with things in general.

I read all the books. All the Witchers are mutants due to magical and alchemical mutations as part of their training called the Trial of the Grasses. It increases their sight, agility, endurance, lifespan, etc.
Witchers and sorcerers are hundreds of years old but physically, they don´t look like it. Geralt has white hair because he was selected for additional experiments as a child (he was the only survivor) and the lack of pigments was a side effect.

I'm so looking forward to the game... I built an OC'ed liquid cooled computer to be able to play these new games on ultra.

I also forewarned my girl friend months in advance that I will be really busy the month of March. Sad I know....but I've really enjoyed the series. : )

Back
Top Bottom