dtp - Showing Drakensang: River of Time and Venetica @ GamesCom

Nice Venetica.
Heres hoping for a English Publisher being announced.

So what about Divinity 2?
Will that be shown by the International Publisher?

Last edited:
As far as I know it will only be shown by DTP.

Its a show in Germany. The same country where the game has been released. The potential September release for the English version has nothing to do with it. If anything a publisher for the English version will be announced at the show, but that publisher won't be showing the game.

I have to make a small correction to my previous post; My appointment with DTP included Divinity 2, but that is in the exhibitor booth and not the public one, so I'm not sure if the game is shown in public, but I would be surprised if it isn't.

Oh ok.
I hope a Publishers Announced though!
If not I know some of the community at the Larian Forums will be angry and upset.

If not I know some of the community at the Larian Forums will be angry and upset.

Some are already, I know.

But they must also learn that there are times when one cannot do a thing. It's alone Larian's thing.

I suspect it's not Larian's thing at all, but rather dtp's thing. Typically the publisher who does the funding gets the worldwide publishing rights. Unless Larian maintained part of such rights all they can do is sit back and watch.

I suspect it's not Larian's thing at all, but rather dtp's thing. Typically the publisher who does the funding gets the worldwide publishing rights. Unless Larian maintained part of such rights all they can do is sit back and watch.

Oh really.
DTP hurry up and let us know who the International Publisher is.
What is the hold up seriously.

Huh ? I thought Larian was mostly funding it itself ?

I doubt that. This is a multi million dollar game. I could be wrong, but I don't think Larian is self funding this. If they did, I don't understand why DTP has been searching for international publishers.

This is there most expensive Project to date.
They've got a Publisher but they haven't announced it yet.

I asked about North American publishers and was told there is no news yet.

I asked about North American publishers and was told there is no news yet.

I asked a dev about it here's the reply I got.
"GamesCom : I know DTP (German publisher) will be there, but I don't know if they are going to show Divinity II. Other publishers of Div2 will also be there, and I again do not know if they're gonna show Div2. I know, I don't know a lot, right, but that's why we're silent about that on the forums too

English publisher: I cannot (may not) tell."

I hope we get a press release to announce the International Publishers and a possible release date during or around GamesCom!

If not I think it'll be safe to say it will not come in September.

This implies they have (a) publisher(s) for the international markets. That's good news.

This implies they have (a) publisher(s) for the international markets. That's good news.

Yep.
The Dev said that he knows that atleast one of the Publishers will be there, but they have other games other than Divinity 2.

but they have other games other than Divinity 2.

Right ... I think there had been a few rumors of other "projects" as well ... I wonder what this might be ?

Right ... I think there had been a few rumors of other "projects" as well ... I wonder what this might be ?

The Dev was talking about the Publisher having other projects.
Exact Quote.
"Well I know of one that'll be there, but they have more than just Div2 of course."

One meaning a Publisher!
Sorry for the confusion.

Back
Top Bottom