Torchlight II - Review @ The Controller Online

aries100

SasqWatch
The Controller Online has the first review 10/10 for this game - the reviewer obviously really liked the game. In the beginning of the review there are spoilers for those who haven't played the first Torchlight, so read at your own risk
A quote on how you start the game:
When you start a new game you will pick between four character classes to play as: the Embermage, Engineer, Berserker and the Outlander. Each have their own unique skills to learn and upgrade, and while each character can use any type of weapon, their unique skill sets make them more proficient with different ones. I used the Berserker in my main play through, but I did start a new campaign with each one to get a feel for them and all of them bring something fun and different to the table. My second favorite character was the Engineer, mostly due to the awesome Bots that he can summon from his Construction skill set.
And a quote from the final comments:
When it comes to Action-RPG’s, Torchlight 2 is as good as it gets, with its massive amount of content, online co-op, new skill system, new and easy to use interface, beautifully created areas to explore and four great character classes to mold.
More information.

what the fuck is this bullshit :|

I've watched a stream last night ..

If you want to rate it as a functional application, yeah, no bugs, woohoo

But you can't rate a clone 10 / 10

IT brings nothing new, and has no writing

I don't even want to go in the mechanics

Did you play it?

By not requiring me to be online, it already has something Diablo 3 didn't have for me....a desire to play it. Good job Torchlight, see ya in 2 days!!!

-Carn

its funny how the author complains about no controller support. i mean seriously?

The biggest problem with most games these days is the idea that "new" is somehow worthwhile in and of itself. Sometimes doing it right is vastly superior to doing it different. As they say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. It's fun to play, at least in beta. For twenty bucks I'm in, even if I only play one class all the way through it's a value.

Thanks for that insightful bs.

A clone of what? Torchlight 1? Sacred? Titan Quest? The eternal Diablo?

But I suppose you've played the game already since you know it has nothing new, no writing etc.

its funny how the author complains about no controller support. i mean seriously?

The game sold very well on XBox, so a lot of people are coming into the sequel familiar with a controller-based control scheme. Since (I'm assuming) it was a common request and since they will very likely port TL2 to the XBox, I'm surprised they didn't include it.

I liked Torchlight 1 enough to buy this. And after experiencing D3 with its 'always connected to the internet' requirement, I'm really ready to get back to the kind of gaming T2 offers - offline single player and if you want, multiplayer via internet AND LAN. Finally, a LAN option.

For 20 bucks, youve really got nothing to lose, If the game is half as good as the guy says it is.
Well besides 20 bucks

Back
Top Bottom