Age of Wonders 3 - Development Updates

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Triumph Studios has two new development updates for Age of Wonders 3 on the games website. The first update is a collection of six videos about the games multiplayer.

So Multiplayer in Age of Wonders III, how does that work?! Forumite and Beta-tester BLOODYBATTLEBRAIN has been so kind to record the first video of an Online multiplayer match between fellow Beta tester Arjan_van_Daalen and himself. This series of videos show the 2 players battling it out in Age of Wonders signature Simultaneous Turns Mode on a Randomly Generated Map and features.
The second update is about a boxed collector's edition only available for select regions. So if you live in the US or UK you will have to import one.

Q: So why isn’t the game available in retail shops in more countries?

We focused on countries where (strategy) PC games retail is prevalent and healthy, which pretty much is continental Europe. In the US and UK, it’s a challenge to get new full price PC titles in shops these days. We also had to limit the amount of co-publishing deals, due to internal overhead.

Q: Can I buy a physical copy from another country?

Retail copies from Northwestern Europe are not region locked and include English in-game text and voice. If you’re looking for a Limited Edition, the German one sold on Amazon.de could be an option. Careful! Lower priced copies from Russia and Poland are region locked for activation. (unless you want them just for the physical goodies!)

Q: Why did you include an in-game manual, not a physical one?

We live in 2014, with games being supported and updated after release. A printed manual would be outdated the moment it is sent to the printer. The digital manual, called the “Tome of Wonders”, displays actual game variables for things like units and spells, to ensure all data is up to date. Most importantly, it is super convenient to browse using hyperlinks and search functions from within the game.

Q: Why did you Steam-wrap the retail copies?

The Steam platform has many cool features, including features that make our lives a lot easier in regards to distribution. Did you know this decision allowed us to spend a month of additional development on the game? The game is subject to a day one patch upon activation. Doing retail without Steam would mean we’d have to lock the build a month earlier for manufacturing!
More information.

People still buy PC games in stores?
Yes it's shocking isn't it.;)

I used to buy physical boxes but now 98% of my buying is done on online. How the times change as I used to be agaisnt digital games a few years ago.

I still buy physical boxed collections though. The digital versions are never the same^^

In Europe they apparently still do.

Where I live there is no more PC game on the shelves. I ordered a few over Amazon, but since 2010 I'm full digital.

People still buy PC games in stores?

Barbarians.

I'm somewhat surprised since it seems nearly pointless to do physical distribution anymore - nearly as pointless as developing for platforms that have next to no market share (Mac OS) or almost nonexistent market share (Linux).

Barbarians.

Thank you.

Yes, here in Germany there are still stores selling boxed PC games. For me, this is even my normal way to get games.

And this way it makes it easy for me to hate online buying. ;)
And hating Steam as well. ;)

Besides, Amazon.de already lists the CE : http://www.amazon.de/Age-Wonders-II...qid=1395256484&sr=8-2&keywords=age+of+wonders

65 Euros ! That's quite expensive ! - At least for me.

But on the other hand there are crazies who are happily buying CEs which cost even around 100 Euros …

Back
Top Bottom