Any CHINESE RPG Players?

Sweden?
Of course!
I just wonder which kinds of Chinese RPG games can win the support from foreigners...
Because I really regard them great!

Unless they're in English, none!!

Unless they're in English, none!!
Hey! Some other languages might work as well!

To the OP: I'm not Chinese, but could you give us some examples (with links containing text in a European language?) or tell us what kind of games are currently popular in China?

Hey! Some other languages might work as well!

To the OP: I'm not Chinese, but could you give us some examples (with links containing text in a European language?) or tell us what kind of games are currently popular in China?

Sorry I don't know any examples with links containing text in a European language, but I can tell you about some of them, if you'r interested in seeing some of them.

Please give me more time to complete my imformation...

The only Chinese RPGs I've seen are Prince of Qin and its prequel, the very good Seal of Evil.

Prince of Qin I understood to be a pretty mindless Diablo clone so I was surprised by the amount of story in Seal of Evil. Unfortunately, the voice acting for the main character in that one was downright awful, the game was completely linear and it played like a JRPG.

However, I've never seen a better or more complex crafting system. You could spend hours crafting all sorts of wild and neat combinations with lots of hidden surprises.

PS - How do you transliterate and translate your handle? Can you spell it out to us in the Latin alphabet? Also, is the reason you ask part of a survey you are working on for a company?

I know a lot of chinese and japanese RPG's. They have anime like graphics, and much lower system requirements than most western games. There is also a horde of diablo like MMO's and other MMO's with cute graphics. The chinese game market is huge. I haven't found any of those game that engaging though.

To be honest, what I would be most interested in from China is actually RPGs set in.. yes.. CHINA! Chinese history is incredible, and with all the myths China has had the past 4000 years or so, there's a wealth of possible RPG settings. Also, getting some martial arts instead of the classic sword swinging could certainly be both fun and challenging.

However, it would require a decent translation to English (at least the text, doesn't have to be voiced in English - I prefer Bruce Lee movies with English text and him talking Chinese in his own voice, instead of some random American fellow voicing Bruce Lee. That just looks and sounds silly).

Edit: Welcome to the forums! :)

Prince of Quin I think it was is still being sold in a shop here in Cologne for 1 Euro per package.

Since it is action oriented, I'm not interested, alas !

To be honest, what I would be most interested in from China is actually RPGs set in.. yes.. CHINA!

I wounder if Jade Empire did well in China, I never saw any sales for that.

The problem is a lot of people in China has old computer, or none exspensive ones, so the game they make their are also outdated technologically, but the gameplay and story ( especially story ) can still be very great! As the chinese gets richer and richer I think we will see more and more games cooming out of there. Just like we are seeing in Korea now, ( NCsoft for example )

Hehe` "working on for a company?" Of course NOT` I'm only a Chinese RPG fan, and I'm only 16`!:biggrin:
Spell in Latin? OK! Ah... my favourite one is called "Xian Jian Qi Xia Zhuan", maybe "The Story of Magic Sword and a Knight-errant" if I put the meaning into English (quiet trouble and distort`:-/).
And there're also many great RPGs such as "Xuan Yuan Jian", "Jin Yong Qun Xia Zhuan", "Jue Dai Shuang Jiao"(it tells a story of a pair of missing brothers, really toucing!) "Jue Yin Mo Qin", "Si Da Ming Bu"(Chinese ancient detective stories with some scenes of Kung-Fu, Hah`)and so on and so on...
I can only show you a short piece of video(digital one) teporarilly` I really want to tell you more about my country's RPG cultrual but alas` I have to focus on my study ontil my next holiday maybe on 1st May` Alas` CHinese students are always very busy```
I'll give the URL: http://6.cn/watch/4188147.html

TKS for receiving me to this forum and Replying my thread, see you May!:D

I only know very few japanese and korean rpgs... I know quite a number of chinese games are popular in korea but I've never played them.

I think it will be easier for chinese games to be successful within asia than anywhere else because of culture issues and translation.

Jade Empire is made by BIOWARE, published by 2K Games Company, it is not a RPG made in China`but a game owns an ancient China background`
Actually, Chinese-made RPGs seem to be different a lot...

Perhaps this would be an excellent community project for an oblivion mod or something similar - using the rich chinese history (especially the founding area around emperor Qín Shǐhuáng) as background.
Or a translation project, trying to localize a chinese community game in english.

Back
Top Bottom