Dragon Age - Performance on "Middle Class Hardware"

Yeah, the graphics in DA look pretty damn good from what I've seen, especially for a party-based crpg.

wasnt mass effect party based, and released quite a bit before this game (+ it looks at least twice as good at this game? ;) )

seriously, it doesnt look much better than NWN2 compare these two images:

Dragon Age (note: a 2009 screenshot):

dragon-age-origins-20090824035042554.jpg

NWN 2:

nwn2_1.jpg

yeah DA looks sooo much better? :rolleyes:

Bigger images for better comparison:

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/101/1017493/dragon-age-origins-20090824035042554.jpg

http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/msi_geforce_nx8800gtx/images/nwn2_1.jpg

wasnt mass effect party based, and released quite a bit before this game (+ it looks at least twice as good at this game? ;) )

Sure, if you really consider ME a true party-based crpg, which most of us don't.

yeah DA looks sooo much better? :rolleyes:

Actually, it does look significantly better. :)

Sure, if you really consider ME a true party-based crpg, which most of us don't.

Please explain what this has to do with the performance, if its "true party based" or not.. Its performance/gfx we are discussing, or did you suddenly want to discuss something else?

Actually, it does look significantly better. :)

I think the images proves my point quite well. The characters are still very low poly, especially compared to the older Mass Effect where the characters looks very organic. DA has some better looking enviroments than NWN2, due to some better lightning, other than that it doesnt look much better. The colors are a bit toned down in DA, which is good, i never liked NWN2's colors.

Please explain what this has to do with the performance, if its "true party based" or not.. Its performance/gfx we are discussing, or did you suddenly want to discuss something else?

Because I was talking specifically about party-based crpgs, and then you decided to use ME as an example. I thought that would be obvious....

I think the images proves my point quite well. The characters are still very low poly, especially compared to the older Mass Effect where the characters looks very organic. DA has some better looking enviroments than NWN2, due to some better lightning, other than that it doesnt look much better. The colors are a bit toned down in DA, which is good, i never liked NWN2's colors.

Again...I think it looks significantly better than NWN2. Perhaps you should post the pics again, without a spoiler tag, and let us see what other people have to say.

Ok, NWN2 is party based as well, gfx and hardware req. is almost the same as this game (due to same kind of "low-end" gfx - by todays standards at least).

Which recent party based games are you refering to otherwise, you said specifically "party based", and im just curious to why.

people are too stupid to press the spolier tag? wow, i think you are underestimating peoples intellligence here. It's considered good forum ethics to post big images in spoiler tags, so no i wont change it and i think people are smart enough to click it, if they're interested.

Screenshot

That doesn't look low-poly to me. I think it looks great for a game like this. Anyway that character model is a lot more detailed than the NWN 2 models. Not to mention how much better the facial animation is.

Which recent party based games are you refering to otherwise, you said specifically "party based", and im just curious to why.

Because party-based crpgs in general are not known for their graphics. They've never really been used to showcase the latest eye candy in the same way that first-person shooters, action games, or shooter/RPG hybrids do.

Why do people still insist on using random screenshots for comparison?

Ok, I've done it myself - but it's never an accurate way of doing this.

The only way to guage this is by seeing the games in action, running on similar detail settings (ideally highest) on good rigs.

Let's just say I have a VERY strong feeling that DA will blow NWN2 out of the water in terms of visual aesthetics.

As for the gameplay, that remains to be seen. I'm mostly curious about the complexity/depth of the DA RPG mechanics/systems - and it'll take quite a lot to compare with the excellent 3.5 D&D rules.

Screenshot

That doesn't look low-poly to me. I think it looks great for a game like this. Anyway that character model is a lot more detailed than the NWN 2 models.

not really.. http://guides.gamepressure.com/neverwinternights2/gfx/gallery/large/Screenshots/57_screen_lg.jpg and http://www.gamebanshee.com/screenshots/neverwinternights2/renders/screenshot13.jpg

and about seeing the game in action, i've seen at least 20 videos in HD-quality.. sure, its not as good as running the actual game but close enough.. the animations are really bad..

but enough complaining.. i know im a gfx whore :p i probably wont play this anyways since i dont care much for bioware rpgs.

but enough complaining.. i know im a gfx whore :p i probably wont play this anyways since i dont care much for bioware rpgs.

I always admire the energy of people filling complete threads with whinery about games they won't play anyways. :rolleyes:

I always admire the energy of people filling complete threads with whinery about games they won't play anyways. :rolleyes:

That was my thought - it is amazing how strenuously some folks will argue about games they haven't played or won't played ...

My fear is that THIS is what destroys the fun of gaming ...

Especially if such "gfx whores" put SO MUCH energy into changes they want to see in terms of graphics that make the games look sooooo good - but that destroys everything else, because the energy that is put into the gfx *because* of such "fan demand* is then actually missing in the "fun factor" ...

And THEN they decide that they (these "fans") abandon the game regardless ... - AFTER the devs have put SO MUCH energy into meeting this "fan" demand ...

Which is kind of destroying a good game, because the energy is then missing in the "fun department" or in the gameplay, where it really counts !

No-one wants to play a game that shines, but has zero gameplay or fun value ...

Not even those "gfx whores" who *demand* all of this "eye candy" ...

Back
Top Bottom