Gothic 3 Sword Fighting question

Wrong lostmumber, your ramble does matter to others, unfortunately everyone's complaints are starting to sound rather redundant. I need to stop reading these forums so I can try to salvage SOME amount of a positive attitude when my copy of the game arrives!

I'm sorry, I don't mean to smother your anticipation. Play the game, you may have a very different take on it than I do. In addition to that it looks like PB may, I would like to stress may, do something about the combat mechanics. Then again even if this doesn't pan out according to our expectations there is always DMoM&M.

Perks do have advantages though - getting master in either 2h, 1h or dual wield will grant you critical hits, which almost always one-hits an enemy. So every time you see an elite orc go down with 1 swing and go "humm didn't he die rather fast?" it's because of your perks. :)

The best addition to weaponry in G3 compared to G1-2 is the flaming sword, which is great, but it's just not weapons like Uriziel or Beliars Claw. Also, in G1-2 you would normally upgrade your weapon from time to time, and never go too far between new weapons - now it's flamesword at level 5 and keep it all the way, unless you go for 2h weapons; in that case you'll upgrade all the way up to Krush Tarach at 400 strength, 200dmg.

And Jabber - you still have a lot to look forward to! I'm on my 4th run through the game and still having fun. :)

I got the master sword blueprint and 1 katana.Still looking for the 2nd katana.Anybody
see it?

I only know of a Katana in Zubens chest in Ishtar. If you don't have it already, go get it. :)

I have wenzel's sword, sharpened it 105 damage, but for some odd reason, after the second patch, damage dropped to 90 :( Well, it's flaming sword then, and wenzel's sword is for zombies, skeletons and mummy's, i think it really does better damage, since it's blessed

I hate to resurrect this but I have to know. I poked around a few other forums without much luck, so please don't beat me up for not trying. Getting to the point then, I remember someone mentioning that there *might* be a change in the works for the combat system. I know that the X-bow mechanics have been altered so it would appear as though implementing such a change in the melee system is not outside the realm of possibility. Has anyone found or tripped over any information regarding this? I really hope that something is in development, please let me know what you know. Thanks.

PB has stated the melee combat system is going through changes for future patches, probably patch 3, but nothing more than that. All we know is that it will get an overhaul, like crossbow did.

The Ancestor sword you can make out of pure ore in Nordmar is the best one hand weapon i have found, does 130 damage sharpened and looks really cool.

Problem is, where to get the recipe? I have yet to find it. In fact, I have seen Master Sword recipe once, in my first game, and never since, nor anything better, despite completing the master smith quest in nordmar and visiting all vendors and big caves(that I know of).

Guys, what do you think the developers do now? Unfortunately, I believe, they stopped working on patches as soon as they have corrected the most BAD bugs, preventing from completing the game.
It seems logical that they are going to put all improvements into the Gothic 3 - Day of the Crow (or how will they call the extension?). :)
But anyway Gothic 3 is great... It is unfinished but still it is great...

How many others think that the combat system in the original Gothic was better than the combat system in Gothic 3? I'm not saying combat isn't still fun in Gothic 3... I especially never get tired of archery... but somehow I remember the combat in the original Gothic game to be better. Oh... I'm level 70 somethin' with nearly every skill that can be learned (but with very few spells).

I would have to rate the combat (all forms) in this order from best to worst: G2, G3, G1.

The reason being, the control improvements in G2 over G1 were very significant IMHO. I think G2 was therefore the pinnacle. G1 combat just seemed difficult for me to master, and although I managed, I found the strafing movements to be awkward - Again, something G2 corrected. I rate G3 over G1, mainly because of the added features like dual wielding, use of shields, and the revamped archery system. G3's melee combat definitely leaves a lot to be desired, but I don't think it's a totall regression, especially if they get it patched enough.

Back
Top Bottom