Dragon Age - Unwrapping a Review Copy

Please tell me that is the collector's edition that we will be getting.

On another note, this seems rather early to be sending out the review copies isn't it?

This could mean 2 things:
1) DA is going to be truly Epic, and reviewers will need a lot of time to play through it.
2) Release date is pushed up! Yeah right :p

I hope it is
3) both of the above. :p

And like Keyser Söze...

On another note, this seems rather early to be sending out the review copies isn't it?

This could mean 2 things:
1) DA is going to be truly Epic, and reviewers will need a lot of time to play through it.
2) Release date is pushed up! Yeah right :p

I hope it is
3) both of the above. :p

One of the Gamestar dudes has already finished the game once and is on his second playthrough (as of last weekend so they have had their copies for quite a while already which I also find surprising). This was in the news here at RPG Watch, too. Check here :) .

Edit: Not sure if it is the same video (link in the news was down for me) but a streaming video of Gamestar receiving their review copy (from a knight) can also be found here directly at Gamestar.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, I read that news bit too. Hence the reason why I am wondering why the reviewer's copies of DA has been sent out so early.

Bribery? Good marketing? Either way, if you have any interest in Dragon Age, I dare you to watch this video of GameStar editor Christian Schmidt unwrapping his review copy and not feeling a little jealousy.
Thanks, cal1s!
More information.

Do you remember this thread here? http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8028

There's a reason why I started it, and "Review Copies" are extra, special special versions of games the public will never ever see.

So it's just nonsense to even think about it. You will not see it. Ever in your whole life. Except if you're an editor.

To me, this is nothing but kind of bribery.

Yes, as nice as it is to have the uber-edition with your name on it, this kind of relationship between publisher and reviewer cannot be healthy. I like the guys at Gamestar (especially Christian Schmidt), but IMO the magazine is not taking their job to inform the reader, critically and objectively, seriously enough. Too many deals with publishers.

Getting an early copy of a game to review constitutes a "deal"? Is there some other deal of which I am not aware?

Getting an early copy of a game to review constitutes a "deal"? Is there some other deal of which I am not aware?

I should have been clearer. Getting such a copy from the publisher is more a present than a deal, and of course publishers don't do this just because they are nice.

With deals I was speaking more generally about advertisement space, exclusive previews etc.

Back
Top Bottom