Batman Arkham Asylum

LOL, first it's U3 NES version and now RotLA????Man even for it's time it sucked big time. I never owned the atari, I had the intellivision (ten times better games ;)). I did play this one a few times at a friends house and boy howdy did it suck, even for it's time. I remember next to nothing about it other than trying to find the black market to get something confusing to take it somewhere else just as confusing.

LOL, first it's U3 NES version and now RotLA????Man even for it's time it sucked big time. I never owned the atari, I had the intellivision (ten times better games ;)). I did play this one a few times at a friends house and boy howdy did it suck, even for it's time. I remember next to nothing about it other than trying to find the black market to get something confusing to take it somewhere else just as confusing.

Shame that you're so narrow minded to disregard games that you've never even played. (U3) .... *Edit* Didn't mean to sound condescending there.

All I can say is that you missed out big time if you never owned an Atari 2600. While the Intellivision did have some good games, the library was much smaller compared to what was available for the 2600.

RotLA was cool to me, partly because I had just seen the movie, and partly because I was 9 years old at the time.

Last edited:
A few friends of mine had Atari and I just didn't like the graphics (I was a graphics hoar when I was a kid ;)) C64 and Intellivision was all I needed. There were literally hundreds of games for the C64, so I didn't miss much:)

I really wished RotLA was fun and maybe it was if I could of played it longer. I just didn't understand the game (I was around 8 or 9 as well)

Anyways back to Batman. Best game made from a comic book character. Mark Hamill is surprisingly great as the joker (I always wondered what Luke Skywalker was up to nowadays, now I know. Being awesome in video games :))

It's a must buy for anyone even remotely interested in Batman.

Atari 2600 = 1977, C64 = 1982 that's a fairly large gap Skaven.

Last edited:
Atari 2600 was made in 1997? I thought they died out way before that.

I meant the Atari *whatever number* that was displayed on those you tube videos. The ones that were made around the same time as C64 or Intellivision. I think they might of been even made before that because my friends had that system before I had Intellivision, IIRC.

EDIT: HEY!!! You meant 1977? Right?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_2600

It's still amazing how fast they can upgrade computers. Look at just what 5 years did for gaming and now look at what a few decades has done. Boggles the mind sometimes just how far we have come in 30 years.

5 years??? isn't blowin smoke. I happened to be born around the time that dinosaur was released and I had the good fortune to pass on by that one and get the new hotness. :D

Heck, the 2600 wasn't even the first game system I had. I actually started out with one of these.

Odyssey2_w_box.jpg

Holy cow now that is the old hotness. You gotta love the artword back then. They made the boxart better than the actual system or game. I remember seeing some games for the ol' Intellivision and think I want to play that...only to find out that the game itself couldn't live up to the artwork.

I was in a rush posting from work you knew what I meant. They were both expensive pos really.

Last edited:
Wow ... had to check the thread title ... but we had a Pong system when they came out ... the amazing thing is how many hours would simply disappear ...

I don't know what they cost, but they definitely weren't "pos" for back then.

$200 and pretty much the same in £ if I remember correctly. I had a few of the early machines but the Speccy and C64 really got me into the home stuff.

Wogos so the C64 was an expensive POS, but it got you into home stuff? I'm confused. I thought it was pretty darn cool for the time and even Atari 2600 was awesome when it first came out. It was a huge upgrade considering that it was released soon after pong. Pong was in 75 and Atari in 77. (TXA my dad had that pong system as well. I had a blast playing that when I was 4 or 5 :))

And TXA is right, this thread has come a long ways from the original Batman. In our defense, there is only so many ways you can say that Batman is just an awesome game. GO OUT AND BUY IT :D

When I say early machines Skaven I mean Pong and the like not the Speccy and C64 but I can see why you got your wires crossed there. Talking about old machines and games on those machines isn't really OT here as superhero games have featured across them all. The Batman AA web-site mentions they have entered the Guinness Book of Records as the highest rated superhero game of all time (or something like that). Might be a little too simple for some though.

In all fairness, I wouldn't assume Batman is for everyone. The game definitely has A+ production qualities, but it's not going to convert someone that doesn't like melee based action titles to begin with.

True of any game genre but you should know if you're a fan of smash-em-in-the-face-ups.

'Good evening ladies and murderers' I'll add that the free DLC is only free on the 360 if you are a Gold member (so it isn't free which sucks balls especially on a game that only has leader-boards and no real multi-player ), but the game is still easy to recommend if you're after the solo Batman experience.

Last edited:
When I say early machines Skaven I mean Pong and the like not the Speccy and C64 but I can see why you got your wires crossed there.

That makes a lot more sense.

How could any commodore product be a pos when you have Shatner as the spokesman? ;)

I've been playing Batman AA for the past week and a half and I'm loving it! It really reminds me of the original Tomb Raider with lots of poking around and finding hidden corridors. (Well, ok, hidden air vents. Same thing.)

It's got a few bothersom things - like the pure checkpoint save system that doesn't let me go back and replay parts I want to see again - but it has been very fun. It should tide you over nicely until Risen comes out.

Back
Top Bottom