Deus Ex: Human Revolution - News Roundup

The difference between DE:HR and Fallout 3, is that the developers fully understand what made DE special- and they've taken care to uphold the vast majority of those things.

Bethesda only understood a part of Fallout's appeal, or maybe they simply didn't care about staying fully faithful to it.

If there's anything to worry about, it's that non-DE fans might think it's too complex, and not quite impressive enough in terms of visuals and production values.

Nope.

Most Deus Ex fans will appreciate DE3 as a worthy sequel. Not all, obviously - but most.

Trust me.

That's it. I'm dying to know why you are so confident because you are never optimistic about any game....well almost. I've seen a few kind words thrown around on some. Anyways, why are you so confident? Have you played a beta or something that would give you this insight?

That's it. I'm dying to know why you are so confident because you are never optimistic about any game….well almost. I've seen a few kind words thrown around on some. Anyways, why are you so confident? Have you played a beta or something that would give you this insight?

I've been following development pretty closely, and yes - I've played the leak for a bit, but didn't want to spoil myself beyond the first level.

But I saw enough to be as certain as you can be, about this sort of thing.

Certainly enough to make me pre-order without a second thought, and I almost never pre-order.

Good enough for me, thanks. I'm looking forward to getting this game even more now.

I know. That's why I added in that "almost" :p

I suggest that everyone bookmarks this thread so, just in case it turns out the game is not actually that good, we can have some fun by quoting DArtagnan's posts back to him to bug him.

I suggest that everyone bookmarks this thread so, just in case it turns out the game is not actually that good, we can have some fun by quoting DArtagnan's posts back to him to bug him.

*MUSIC ENSUES*

Don't be crueeeel, to a heart that's trueeee…..

I think HR will have Fallout 3's same fate. It will get AAA scores mostly, will become a GOTY contender at certain gaming related websites and magazines, it will become a commercial success in it's own merits and general gamers will like it, but in the end, fans of the DE and hardcore and elitist gamers in general, will hate it.

I listen to a few industry podcasts and reaction to Human Revolution out of E3 was pretty blah. I'm not sure it will be the critical darling, which honestly gives me hope more than anything.

It's not an "in-your-face" experience. It's pretty low-key and visually it's only ok to good.

It's not going to impress the masses.

Doh, I must be losing it or hit Cancel instead Post. Could have sworn I responded to this thread a second time but don't recall any reason it would have been nuked.

Your probably right DoctorNarrative, if DX2 had been named something else and not tried to be not only a/the sequel but the conclusion of the DX series, it might have been a good Action/RPG on it's own merits.

I really want to believe, but most of the time it's not so much developers caring enough and are talented enough. It's that the publisher (not just this one) are inherently sociopathic (hell probably delusional too) due to being a corporation. In regards to DX2 for example there is no way Edios can not bare a HUGE part of the responsibly despite the fact that many of us focused venom on Spector and Smith.

We begged them (err…well I did in forums, not/wasn't an employee, did live in both cities during development of each) not to try to do two AAA games on 2 different platforms and rewrite the Unreal engine to have RealTime Shadows in a 3 year time period. Think about that even now, hell at most they had what 60 employees? That's an impossibility probably even if you had 200 employees.

There is NO WAY in hell, that Ion was fully responsible for that decision. IF so, then not only were Ion but Eidos too, was smoking crack. IF not, the only possible reasonable explanation was Eidos was trying to force Ion to fail to get both IPs from them.

But Eidos is gone now and I'm not sure what to make of Square Enix if screw it up they can burn. If they put as much effort into gameplay as they do making cutscenes, then this could be one hell of a ride. :party:

Back
Top Bottom