Dungeon Craft

rune_74

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor
I'm not sure how many of you were into the gold box AD&D games back in the day, but I recently(after reading that news post about playing old games) got into playing unlimited adventures, many excellent RP mods out there, and they play quite well.

However, I also found a modern up to date open source version called dungeoncraft.

It allows you to make gold box style games with pretty much ease, and it runs very well. I'm new at it myself, but I have been able to easily figure out how to add walls, make maps, add extra art, create encounters and import and use an overland map travel system…it works very well as long as you use a certain size for your inputed map…and you can use any you want.

I think many of you who would like to create an adventure would enjoy it, check it out at:

http://uaf.sourceforge.net/index.html

Also, check out the forums for more info(not just on Dungeon craft but also UA)

http://ua.reonis.com/index.php

I've never used Dungeon Craft even though it's been around for quite awhile. I'm still using FRUA. Too many modules to go through before I get to Dungeon Craft.

I think they need to acquire an artist.

I'm glad to see you totally missed the point of it....the graphics are as good as the mod maker wants to make them, it is an engine that runs the game like the old goldbox games, which if your not interested well...it's not going to do much for you.

Skaven, it is close to version 1.0 comming out...it does so many things better then UA I wish there was some easy way to get the engine to run the old mods. It would be cool if some of the older (meaning stronger) mod makers would come out and try it.

I used a program called capaign cartography 3 just to try and make a map for fun and brought it into the game for on overland map movement part and it was easy. Looked pretty cool to if I do say so myself.

So I have been messing around with this for awhile. It is very easy to make new graphic walls and back drops. Basically you can make pretty much any texture into a wall and even make combat walls that match pretty easily. I'm about 2/3rds of the way through an hour long prequal (maybe an hour haven't done a run through) for anadventure I am designing.

Back
Top Bottom