Improves menu handling
Improves input responsiveness when using keyboard
Corrects an issue with stamina regeneration while sprinting
Fixes a cursor lock issue that sometimes occcurs when scrolling the map
Generally improves world map focus
Corrects a bug where player was able to fire bolts at friendly NPCs
Corrects an issue in dialog selections
Corrects some missing translations in the UI
Minor SFX improvements -Blood particles will now properly appear after killing enemies on the water
Rostan Muggs is back

Anyone know what "Sharpen Postprocess" does exactly?

Rostan Muggs is back

Er… who the hell is that? :)

Quest giver in Novigrad- "The Dwarven Document Dilemma"

I will wait 6-9 months maybe a year on this until they have a bunch of patches out and it looks and plays like a PC title. In defense of CDP Microsoft's check to insure the PC version did not have better graphics was probably pretty large.

Balancing, bug-fixes, and a properly optimised PC experience.

It all depends on how much you care about such things, though.

Personally, I'm very keen on getting the full experience when the game is this good, but I don't know if I'm able to wait.

Still, I don't really have the time for it now, anyway.

The experience gets worse after 3-6 months? :)

Funny thing. I'm not one to wait on games I am excited about - I tend to want to play them right away. Yet, in the last year, I've seen less time to game AND an explosion in the games I want to play (yay Kickstartered RPGs being released) so that for many games I end up being delayed playing them.

For example, I've not played much of Wasteland 2 yet, but the Game of the Year edition will likely drop before I get back to it. DA:I, which I did play on release but then got distracted by Dead State, has had several big patches. I own TW3, but haven't even started it yet (in Pillars right now) so... in effect, many games that are being made more playable by patches are ones that I'm delayed on playing. :)

To each his own, but I feel sorry for anyone who waits that long to experience this game.

Sigh, that's me.

I never played 1 or 2, and I'd rather import my own saves. I just started 1 this week, but knowing myself I don't finish long games quickly, so it'll most likely be months before I begin the Wild Hunt at this rate.

Does the third game make enough sense as an entry point that I could just jump in now, or do you think I'll be missing the feel of the series by starting in the middle, skipping the choices that set up this game, etc?

I don't think that TW1 has much of a connection (including background knowledge) with TW3 but TW2 does. On the other hand TW3 APPEARS to be (early days) a very different kind of game than TW2 was.
So my advice would be (if you can't wait to play part 3) to skip TW1 but play TW2 to get accustomed to the characters and to get some background info :)

You could jump in without a problem. I don't see it as being any different than playing TW1 without having read any of the books that the games are based on.

That said, TW1 & 2 are both great games imo, and TW2 sets up TW3 nicely. I'd at least recommend playing TW2 first. TW1 is more of a separate story, and TW2 isn't a direct continuation of it.

aaaand TW3 v.1.03 is ready to go :)

Unboxing TW3 CE. In Polish but images speak for themselves.

I personally see it as the total opposite. TW1 has more Wild Hunt stuff in it than TW2 does (which has none outside of Geralt's memory returning).

But, in those flashback episodes, there is a LOT of info which seems to be beefed up in TW3.

I personally see it as the total opposite. TW1 has more Wild Hunt stuff in it than TW2 does (which has none outside of Geralt's memory returning).

What about the multitude of other characters? There are far more in TW2, and so far most of them seem to be in TW3.

Other than the Wild Hunt being present, TW1 doesn't have much in common with TW3.

I will wait 6-9 months maybe a year on this until they have a bunch of patches out and it looks and plays like a PC title. In defense of CDP Microsoft's check to insure the PC version did not have better graphics was probably pretty large.

I'm really starting to get annoyed by the idiocy on this site.

I will wait 6-9 months maybe a year on this until they have a bunch of patches out and it looks and plays like a PC title.

Yeah, waiting until most of the issues are patched is usually a good idea.

Here's hoping they'll either have a HD release down the road or else the modding community steps up with a suitable upgrade.

Go somewhere else then. The only thing annoying on here right now is your attitude.

There is nothing wrong with my attitude towards conspiracy theorists. They're always injecting negative and hateful bile based on hot air into every post and I'm just getting tired of it.

What about the multitude of other characters? There are far more in TW2, and so far most of them seem to be in TW3.

Other than the Wild Hunt being present, TW1 doesn't have much in common with TW3.

The game is called The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt and there are returning (and references to) TW1 characters as well. There are also characters who were in all 3 games (Triss, Dandalion, Zoltan, Radovid…although the last one had a more important role in TW1).

You also get to revisit areas from the first game, even if briefly.

I understand that yes there was a visual downgrade and it appears that CD Projekt wasn't entirely up front about it earlier on. I get it.

But there's a tragedy shaping up with all this focus and discussion on the THE BIG DOWNGRADE OF 2015.

Everyone is watching this game. Developers. Publishers. Investors. And yes, gamers obviously. But after the dust has settled and the masses have moved on to the next FPS distraction, the 'suits' are going to be clear about one thing for sure. What are they going to be clear about you ask? They will be crystal clear that, 'Pretty Games Matter.'

The tragedy here is that while the entire internet is obsessing over the GREAT DOWNGRADE OF 2015, we're not talking about other features of this game that are quite remarkable. Well that's not exactly true, some are talking about other features, but they are largely drowned out by the huge clamoring over the visuals.

For example, underwater adventuring is back. WOW. That in itself is HUGE. When the hell was that feature in an RPG in any meaningful way? If memory serves, I remember some fun underwater adventuring in EQ1 and some very minor underwater adventuring in Gothic 1. There was underwater adventures in WoW but I never found it very fun the way Blizzard went about it. And that's it. I for one want RPGs to keep on having underwater areas to explore. But pretty games matter, so maybe future developers will just put all their extra time and energy into pretty graphics and cut out underwater adventuring, as they have for 20 years.

I could name a couple of more examples, but this is already too long and I think I've made my point.

Will do the same. Not because of the graphics though, but because of the controls and because my PC can't run it atm.

Should be a pure win for me to wait until I on my side have a PC which supports it, and the Game has (hopefully) improved controls, better graphics, and is complete with DLCs - and maybe even 50% off in a bundle. ^^

I understand that yes there was a visual downgrade and it appears that CD Projekt wasn't entirely up front about it earlier on. I get it.

But there's a tragedy shaping up with all this focus and discussion on the THE BIG DOWNGRADE OF 2015.

Everyone is watching this game. Developers. Publishers. Investors. And yes, gamers obviously. But after the dust has settled and the masses have moved on to the next FPS distraction, the 'suits' are going to be clear about one thing for sure. What are they going to be clear about you ask? They will be crystal clear that, 'Pretty Games Matter.'

The tragedy here is that while the entire internet is obsessing over the GREAT DOWNGRADE OF 2015, we're not talking about other features of this game that are quite remarkable. Well that's not exactly true, some are talking about other features, but they are largely drowned out by the huge clamoring over the visuals.

For example, underwater adventuring is back. WOW. That in itself is HUGE. When the hell was that feature in an RPG in any meaningful way? If memory serves, I remember some fun underwater adventuring in EQ1 and some very minor underwater adventuring in Gothic 1. There was underwater adventures in WoW but I never found it very fun the way Blizzard went about it. And that's it. I for one want RPGs to keep on having underwater areas to explore. But pretty games matter, so maybe future developers will just put all their extra time and energy into pretty graphics and cut out underwater adventuring, as they have for 20 years.

I could name a couple of more examples, but this is already too long and I think I've made my point.

The downgrade is a none story but CDPR allowed it to drag on with their silence and misleading comments. The downgrade issue crept up about 6 months ago and CDPR could have nipped it in the bud back then and admitted the downgrade. If they have done that, then no one will be talking about this now. So this whole thing is PR disaster by CDPR.

Back
Top Bottom