Gothic I-III

Rawsarrow

Born White, Died Unknown
So in the past few weeks i have (literally) fallen in love with the Gothic games im just wondering if anyone else has done the same?

Short answer: Yes!

Not over the last few weeks though - Gothic is an old love affair for me :)

Great to see im not alone, i keep getting bashed on for playing (on other forums) and liking this game thou haha, but i like the controls oddly enough also.

Last edited:
You came to the right place. The on the Watch (and before it RPGdot) many members have a long-standing love for these games. You'll find lots of stuff in the corresponding sub-forums.

Great to see im not alone, i keep getting bashed on for playing (on other forums) and liking this game thou haha, but i like the controls oddly enough also.

The controls, especially in the first one, are a bit wierd when you try them for the first time. But actually they make *alot* of sense once you get used to them.. very intuitive if you ask me. Want to open a chest? Well, then *use* the chest and press *forward* to open it... Want to close it? Well, obviously, you then press *backwards*. Logical! :)

I think you'll find many who agrees with you here.. :)

The controls, especially in the first one, are a bit wierd when you try them for the first time. But actually they make *alot* of sense once you get used to them.. very intuitive if you ask me. Want to open a chest? Well, then *use* the chest and press *forward* to open it… Want to close it? Well, obviously, you then press *backwards*. Logical! :)

I think you'll find many who agrees with you here.. :)

The controls are kinda of bad in areas with multiple monsters (unless archer or mage) it gets hard but other than that it great idea for the control pattern, Yes. haha

I'm one that don't like this type of games, but because so many people love them, I bought a box with Gothics 1-3... haven't opened it yet. I just don't like 'open world do-what-you-want' games.

So in the past few weeks i have (literally) fallen in love with the Gothic games im just wondering if anyone else has done the same?

Well, I'm a big fan of Gothic, Gothic 2, Night of the Raven and Risen ( I love especially NotR, I could replay it thousands of times) but I hate Gothic III and Forsaken Gods.

Shit, you made me want to replay NotR again. It's like with Bloodlines - every time when someone reminds me of this game I want to replay it.

So u like games such as, doom (useing as a ex. for non worldly)

I like games like the Wizardrys, Baldur's Gate, NWN2, Drakensang (loved this one), etc. Basically, games in which I have a reason to go somewhere instead of just "to see what's there" (for example, I finished Fallout 3 at level 14 and in like 15 hours, just did the main plot and whatever subquests I found on my way).
I also don't like games where I start as a 'joe' with a sword. Let me create my character, if I want to start as a mage, let me! I don't like having to wait like 8 hours into the game until I can finally cast a spell.

I like games like the Wizardrys, Baldur's Gate, NWN2, Drakensang (loved this one), etc. Basically, games in which I have a reason to go somewhere instead of just "to see what's there" (for example, I finished Fallout 3 at level 14 and in like 15 hours, just did the main plot and whatever subquests I found on my way).
I also don't like games where I start as a 'joe' with a sword. Let me create my character, if I want to start as a mage, let me! I don't like having to wait like 8 hours into the game until I can finally cast a spell.

Gothic is nothing similar to FO3 and you don't have to wander around. You get quests and do them and 'open world' in this game means that you don't have to do quests in certain order depending on the area but u do any of them u want whenever u like. Also the world in this game is small, but well filled with things, so getting from one camp to another is a matter of about 5 minutes. In these 5 minutes you will encounter many things though.

So, what I want to say is:
Give it a try, dammit!

EDIT:
Oh, and I mean Gothic and Gothic II + NotR (NotR is also a great, hardcore game that let's you play more exciting way - you have to often fight or run for your life), because Gothic 3 is shit and Oblivion/FO3 like.

It's nice to see people discovering how great Gothics are.
Whenever I think of a video game Gothic comes to my mind.
Take your time and don't rush your game,it's much more enjoyable that way.
Once you finish each game a couple of times you might want to give Risen a shot.

Once you finish each game a couple of times you might want to give Risen a shot.

Yep. Play Gothic -> Gothic 2 + NotR -> Risen (skip Gothic 3 and expansion).

And DON'T play Gothic 2 without expansion, although it was fun, expansion upgrades original world so much (especially first chapters) that it's really much more better and enjoyable game.

Back
Top Bottom