What I've Been Watching: The Catch-All Film Thread

Can't wait to watch Guardians of the Galaxy this Friday. Loved the comic in the 80's. Getting top notch reviews and any movie with Drax and Thanos is just about the coolest thing ever. You do see my avatar to the left don't you :)

Really good summer movies this year for once. Godzilla, X-Men, and Planet of the Apes. Lets make it 4 for 4 this Friday with Guardians.

Guardians of the Galaxy is the most fun I have ever had in a movie theater. Even better then when I had sex back in the day at a theater :)

More fun then Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jaws, or Lord of the Rings. What a movie of pure enjoyment. Made me feel like I was 12 again and I am older then dirt.

You saying you didn't have sex while watching Guardians of the Galaxy?
That sucks. I'll skip it then! :p

Btw I'm hyped over Interstellar. Trailer:

Aye joxer they showed the trailer for Interstellar yesterday before Guardians. Looked fantastic in 3-D. After True Detective I am a big Matthew MaCconaughey fan.

I have to concur with Hastar about Guardians of the Galaxy (all except the gross cinema-sex he alleges to have taken part in, which I'm pretty sure only he believes happened anyway ;) ). I thoroughly enjoyed it and as far as the Marvel films go, may have liked it more than Avengers. Lord knows it was way better than those awful X-Men films.

As long as "intelligent" doesn't mean a 2001 pretentious borefest, I'll be happy :)

That said, I tend to find Nolan overrated when it comes to his scripts. Not sure if he wrote this himself?

I'll be seeing Guardians of the Galaxy later today. I'm tired of hearing about how great it supposedly is.

I'll be back in a few hours to rip it apart. ;)

That's the JDR way :)

Always late for the best things - and always disappointed because he listened too much to the hype.

Well, I can't really get excited about movies anymore. Overexposure and the Hollywood repetition syndrome has become so absurd as to be unfit for description.

For instance, all these Marvel movies???? WTF is it with people and watching the same explosion-based spectacle crap over and over and over? How many is it now?

OMG! ;)

As opposed to your way which is to rip apart things that you've barely experienced. ;)

Afaik, GotG was just released 3 days ago.

Not everything has to be a competition, it was a friendly jab.

But whatever ;)

GotG was ok

Yep. I just got back from the theatre, and "ok" is exactly how I would describe it.

Typical shiny Hollywood summer movie with great production values but nothing more than average in most aspects. I was annoyed by how hard they tried to push the humor every few minutes. There were a few scenes that made me crack a smile, but the majority of it just fell flat.

And that final scene with the main villain... just cringeworthy.

Yep. I just got back from the theatre, and "ok" is exactly how I would describe it.

Funny - my son saw it with his girlfriend yesterday afternoon, and 'fun' and 'cute' were the words they used as well ... not 'great'. 'Summer movie' was another. So I will be fine seeing it at home.

Back
Top Bottom