Mayan Reset of the Long Calendar - is anyone still here?

Lucky Day

Daywatch
Its Dec 21, 2012? Is anyone still here? I noticed its been awfully quiet on the forums today and traffic coming home was pretty tight. I though maybe I missed the Rapture.

There was this place in France I heard about...

Its Dec 21, 2012? Is anyone still here? I noticed its been awfully quiet on the forums today and traffic coming home was pretty tight. I though maybe I missed the Rapture.

There was this place in France I heard about…

It's just superstitious nonsense. It does make for good books and movies though.

I think I'm still here. No signal of the colliding planet. Insignificant amounts of lava in the streets, and the only ashes I see is in my fireplace. All in all, just a minor end of the world

Pibbur who thinks post apocalyptic world seems surprisingly similar to the pre apocalyptic one.

It's just superstitious nonsense. It does make for good books and movies though.

bah..too many people making comments on it that don't know what they are talking about. why don't people just read it for themselves. here:

Dresden_Codex_pp.58-62_78.jpg

*hollow sound from unfathomable depths*

bah..too many people making comments on it that don't know what they are talking about. why don't people just read it for themselves. here:

Dresden_Codex_pp.58-62_78.jpg

Enlighten us ol great one. Since many cultures and civilizations have always predicted the end times yet it has never come true. Seems there foresight didn't even save them.

182302_574023655946740_216180754_n_1998108166.jpg

Last edited:
Enlighten us ol great one. Since many cultures and civilizations have always predicted the end times yet it has never come true. Seems there foresight didn't even save them.

This statement makes me suspect that in 10,000 years someone will point to one of our clocks they dug up and talk about how its a crazy end of he world prediction and not just a 10,000 year clock.

This statement makes me suspect that in 10,000 years someone will point to one of our clocks they dug up and talk about how its a crazy end of he world prediction and not just a 10,000 year clock.

Never waste the opportunity for an apocalypse prediction?

pibbur who will not be here in 100 years, unless he sets a really large age-record.

The Apocalypse and "Rapture" is Christian.
There's no Apocalypse or "Rapture" in Mayan culture or in Mayan calendars.
It isn't even in Judaism but it was a popular belief in Hebrew culture around year 1.

There are a couple of cultures that have the concept of "ages" in which one age is replaced by another.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what everybody should know.

Hence my link. ;)

I'm not sure what is this thread about. Didn't I post a month ago:
We're closing to the breakpoint of Mayan calendar that was declared as the doomsday by ignorant murderers who destroyed mayan culture. NASA is obviously waiting for the "doomsday" date to share the findings as mayan calendar marks just the breaktrough in human society.

But okay, internet memory tends to last a week, max two, and shock news sell better than sex, so no surprise there.

I was just trying to be funny and pointing out that until very, very recently no one could actually read ancient Mayan. That's the last few pages pf the Dresden Codex which I think points out to some disaster but doesn't mention a date at the end of the long calendar but obviously I can't find an actual translation of it.

Here's an NPR report from David Stuart, the man who actually (finally) has translated Mayan and what he has to say about it [http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...the-end-of-times-is-our-idea-not-the-ancients.

Stuart was a child prodigy and received a genuis grant. I've read a few of the books by Michael Coe on the subject but you have to find them in the Social Science section not in history.

You are right Jemy, the Jews believed in a coming Messiah to lead them against the Roman empire and the resurrection of the dead. The rapture and the church was a new idea. I'm just being silly here, I'm not actually trying to connect them with any non-existent Mayan belief.

I showed this one other time and caught Alrik's interest. Did you ever get to the museum?

I think some people need to lighten up, This whole thing is just for fun.

doomsdayadvent_custom-d819836678b9cba3240e76d4ac9eb32485410fad-s4.jpg

I'm not sure what is this thread about. Didn't I post a month ago:

But okay, internet memory tends to last a week, max two, and shock news sell better than sex, so no surprise there.

Ah, ok - I made the same joke there (I'm not trying to shock anyone). I thought someone did start a thread but a search on Maya only brought something else from last year - or I didn't make the connection from the title. I guess I'm very tired from work.

You are right Jemy, the Jews believed in a coming Messiah to lead them against the Roman empire and the resurrection of the dead. The rapture and the church was a new idea. I'm just being silly here, I'm not actually trying to connect them with any non-existent Mayan belief.

I just wonder what nations without a Christian history think about the whole 2012 affair, considering how inaccurate the interpretion actually were in the first place. Then again, I haven't heard many taking it seriously but more as a joke.

here's a note - today's actually the longest day of the year, the real solstice. I wonder if this was ever predicted.

I always figured that if the Mayans were so good and predicting the end of the world they could have predicted the end of their world?

I always figured that if the Mayans were so good and predicting the end of the world they could have predicted the end of their world?

Well according to a special I saw on The History Channel, the aliens who told them when the rogue planet would strike Earth didn't tell them anything more than that. Obviously now that it has come and passed, this proved the existence of alien visitors with a sense of humor.

Personally I think they just ran out of good rocks to carve and were too tired to quarry a whole new set so said "screw it..........I won't be here when they all complain I was wrong!"

Back
Top Bottom