Ghost of a Tale - Launched

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Lionel Gallat, a former Dreamworks animation supervisor and given direction to the animation on "Despicable Me" for Universal is also working on a game on his own named Ghost in a Tale. This game is on a fixed funding campaign at IndieGoGo, so he only gets the money when the game is funded. It is currently at 5.821€ of an asked 45.000€.
Here is the video:

And here is the press release:
Former Dreamworks Animation Supervisor Launches Crowdfunding Campaign for Unique Adventure Game "GHOST OF A TALE"

PARIS, France - April 2, 2013 - SeithCG is launching an Indiegogo campaign to help fund the development of its first action-adventure game "Ghost of a Tale". The game is developed by a former Dreamworks supervising animator who more recently directed the animation of Universal Studios' "Despicable Me".

"Ghost of a Tale" follows a little mouse as he sets out on an adventure into a medieval world populated entirely by animals. The mysterious Island of Periclave, which has long been a disputed outpost for the Army of the Rats, is abandoned now, and reputed to be haunted. Of course tales are told of a fabulous treasure hidden high up in the Tower of Periclave, but it would be folly to try and get there, even for a mighty warrior - and the little mouse certainly doesn't look like one. The island is a mystery, rewarding the little mouse's curiosity and bravery in combat with the discovery of great secrets.

"Ghost of a Tale" is past the stage of a mere concept, however, and footage of a playable demo can be seen on the campaign's page. Remarkably, this project is being developed by just one person, yet it strives to combine a visual quality usually seen in big-budget AAA titles with the craftsmanship and emotional resonance more commonly found in independent, experimental games. Its developer, Lionel Gallat, is finally able to bring his years of experience working for Hollywood studios to bear on his passion project in order to deliver a product of the highest quality, and great beauty.

The Indiegogo campaign page for "Ghost of a Tale" can be found here.

About SeithCG
SeithCG (www.seithcg.com) is a one-man studio founded by Lionel "Seith" Gallat, based in the south of France. SeithCG's website offers animation tools that have been used in production by many studios around the world, including "poseLib" and "retimingTool". Gallat has worked in the movie industry for more than 15 years, first at Dreamworks on several movies ("The Prince Of Egypt", "The Road to Eldorado", "Spirit", "Sinbad", "SharkTale", "Flushed-Away", etc...), and more recently as the animation director for Universal Studios' "Despicable Me" and "The Lorax". He possesses a wide range of skills rangin
More information.

Reminds me of Risen. The animations and organic movement and manouvers of the mouse are amazing - well done and keeping a very close eye on this project.

I'm curious about the RPG aspect of it and think he should provide more detail. Looks fantastic though> I'm definitely rooting for it but simply can't back any more of these things.

Reminds me of Risen. The animations and organic movement and manouvers of the mouse are amazing - well done and keeping a very close eye on this project.

He mentions in the thread nearby that his game will indeed play similar to Gothic and Risen.

Risen...that is the firs thing that came into my mind when I saw the beginning of the video. :)
Looks nice. But a mouse? Interesting...cheesy game this one. :)

I see it as a clone of Dark Souls for kids and casual ppl

Back
Top Bottom