JA:Flashback - Review @ Pixel Perfect Gaming

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Pixel Perfect Gaming has the first review that I could find for Jagged Alliance Flashback this month. Despite the games issues the site gave the game a score of 4/5.

Flashback received numerous bug fixes and patches during its time on Steam Early Access. And while those fixes rectified many issues, some still remain. For example: the range on some weapons is so short, you are forced to use knives to kill your enemies. Moreover, the Smart AI – which is suppose to challenge the player — will send in mercs to fire their weapons at melee range. These issues are hardly game breakers, but they do raise some concern. Developer Full Control has been very good at releasing patches (in fact, one was released on October 23), so it should only be a matter of time before a bug fix / patch is released to address the issues mentioned above.

The environments are massive, and provide plenty of buildings, trees, and rocks to provide cover for your unit. And since taking cover is important, it requires some technical planning on the player’s part to be successful. Plus, to be truly successful, you need to level your mercenaries’ skills. The more advanced they become in a certain category, the more efficient they become in that profession.

Jagged Alliance Flashback is a great reboot of the original series despite some of the issues mentioned earlier (i.e. the Smart AI, etc.). And while the game itself has been modernized for today’s gamers, the core elements that made Jagged Alliance a classic remain intact.
More information.

That's a really positive review. Almost all the others I have seen have been between 50-65%. Even on the kickstarter forums those who have played the game are saying about 60% is correct.

That's a really positive review. Almost all the others I have seen have been between 50-65%. Even on the kickstarter forums those who have played the game are saying about 60% is correct.

The original Jagged Alliance 2 was getting mostly scores around 80%.... Hopefully Full Control will issue enough patches to close that gap (and improve the game).

Back
Top Bottom