What games are you playing now?

You are missing out on it, Dart! I loved Awakening. Anders and Oghren are both absolutely hilarious (totally unlike Anders in DA2, whom learn to hate a lot) and Nathaniel also bring a decent dialogues :) Short, but solid in my opinion.

it's probably better to play DA2 first, then play Origins. A lot of what bothered me about 2 was the lack of what made Origins so good.

And the parachuting enemy reinforcements every battle..

Playing Van Helsing and liking it.

Playing Nevrwinter and... well... I cant zoom. C'mon, wtf, I'm constantly zooming and panning around looking for and at stuff in an MMO. Having a fixed camera distance is a bad design choice, I feel crippled. I dont know how much I'm ultimately going to play the game if I cannot explore the game as I want to, and like literally every other MMO on the market lets you. Stupid

my friend has just about talked me into The Last of Us, sounds like a great post-apocalyptic survival game.

You are missing out on it, Dart! I loved Awakening. Anders and Oghren are both absolutely hilarious (totally unlike Anders in DA2, whom learn to hate a lot) and Nathaniel also bring a decent dialogues :) Short, but solid in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to Awakening ;)

It's just DA2 I'm not likely to play all the way through. I did indeed hate Anders in that game :)

I agree, Awakening is excellent. A bit too easy, especially if you have archers, but definitely good fun.

Still playing Tomb Raider. I'm surprised it's kept my attention this long, but I'll probably end up finishing it at this point.

Also messing around with Dominions 3 a little bit.

Playing TB on that new card of yours feels like a sacrilege.
;)

Still playing Dragon Age - and I've just reached my least favorite section: Orzammar.

This is the test of whether I truly intend to finish the game this time, because I find the Deep Roads especially boring.

I already used the popular "Skip the Fade" mod - because even though I loved that section first time in, it's really dreadful on a replay.

But I'm still having fun - and my opinion of the game is still pretty much what it always was. It's a nice and meaty RPG with decent writing. The combat is pretty good - but with WAY too much filler. The character/RPG mechanics are largely ok - but vastly inferior to D&D 3.5.

Best part of the game is definitely the lore and the Codex. I'm sure the Fade and the magic concepts are "borrowed" from somewhere, but I find them very well done - and probably the best part of the game.

I find myself wishing I liked playing mages - because I have a feeling they're really entertaining in this game. I use Morrigan, but I don't really put much effort into learning the spells or the combos. I just do the obvious and it works most of the time.

We'll see if I finish it - and if I have the stamina left over to complete the expansion.

Other than that, I've been dabbling with Mafia 2 - which I pretty much wrote off upon release. It's surprisingly good and pretty. Not really sure why I was so hard on it…

Other than that, I've been dabbling with Mafia 2 - which I pretty much wrote off upon release. It's surprisingly good and pretty. Not really sure why I was so hard on it…

Possibly the same as me; an interesting open-world that seems to go out of its way to prevent you from exploring it? If it just had a way to save the game between missions I would have stuck with it a lot longer.

Possibly the same as me; an interesting open-world that seems to go out of its way to prevent you from exploring it? If it just had a way to save the game between missions I would have stuck with it a lot longer.

True, that was a problem - but Mafia was more or less the same way. These games are very story-oriented and I find that they use the open world simply to give you a better sense of place, and to support the magnificent atmosphere.

That's not to say I wouldn't have loved more meaningful exploration, but since I remember loving Mafia to death without it - I'm more forgiving of that than I would be, otherwise.

It's the same thing with LA Noire. Because I fully expected a free roaming open world with a high emphasis on exploration, and I was initially deeply disappointed that the driving portions were more or less completely superfluous.

But once I "got it" - as in the fact that it was basically a highly atmospheric adventure/detective game - I was able to look past it.

I think my main problem with Mafia 2 was the whole DLC debacle. I guess I just assumed it was only half a game because of the way they seemed to be handling it.

Picked up Skyrim Legendary Edition on Friday and put a few hours into it this weekend. I hadn't even visited a Wiki on the game as I prefer to go in a n00b but the stupid game didn't come with any kind of manual at all. I quickly had to visit the web to learn what the icons mean in the hud plus other basic stuff. Kinda annoying ....

I'm still not a fan of their leveling system but exploring the world and especially dungeon crawling is extremely fun in this game. Currently doing the Dragonborn addon.

Still playing Dragon Age - and I've just reached my least favorite section: Orzammar.

This is the test of whether I truly intend to finish the game this time, because I find the Deep Roads especially boring.

I already used the popular "Skip the Fade" mod - because even though I loved that section first time in, it's really dreadful on a replay.

Damn you, Dart. You made me reinstall DA:O :lol: I will definitely get Skip the Fade installed as well. Totally agree with what you said about the Fade. And I *hate* deep road as well. I usually quit the game when I reach Orzamma as well. I hate politics, I hate Dwarfs, I hate underground, 'nuff said.

I find myself wishing I liked playing mages - because I have a feeling they're really entertaining in this game. I use Morrigan, but I don't really put much effort into learning the spells or the combos. I just do the obvious and it works most of the time.

My first playthrough (and the only game I played from the beginning to the end) I chose a human noble. I enjoyed warrior as well as the human noble origins, but after playing through DA2, I felt that the class that fits to story best is perhaps the magi origin. So this time, I picked a human mage!! This is my 3rd attempt to finish game as a mage. I hope I will make it through this time!

Other than that, still playing WoW, BG:EE and ME3.

Damn you, Dart. You made me reinstall DA:O :lol: I will definitely get Skip the Fade installed as well. Totally agree with what you said about the Fade. And I *hate* deep road as well. I usually quit the game when I reach Orzamma as well. I hate politics, I hate Dwarfs, I hate underground, 'nuff said.

Hehe, well - it's a pretty good game so enjoy!

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of politics either. I suppose it's nice that they're treating the whole thing seriously - but I just find the whole section boring.

Interestingly, I actually love that kind of dwarven atmosphere and architecture - but the actual gameplay during Orzammar is really boring. IIRC, there's also a rather large section where you're forced to play with an NPC that takes the spot of one of your regular party members. Something I always hated about certain Bioware games.

You spend the whole game trying to build a solid group setup - and then they force you to switch some of them out instead of simply adding the occasional NPC to your party. Pisses me off ;)

Finished the three Crysis games for my shooty fix. Back to RPGs with "Of Orcs and Men".

I've been playing probably about 5 hours now and I'm having fun with it. It's a 2-man party (goblin & orc) on a quest to assassinate the human emperor who is persecuting all the green folk. The ambience is kind of gritty, with lots of sweary words if you like (or don't like) that sort of thing. The maps are pretty linear, and there aren't exactly a lot of choices and consequences, but the dialogue, story and characters are decent so far, with a small number of side quests. Character customisation (stats & equipment) is in there, but is fairly minimal (four main stats, and relatively few pickups of equipment which you can upgrade, buy or sell). Combat is "real time with almost pause"; you press space to slow action down to a crawl, then choose your next attack from a selection of moves. Graphics are reasonable; and I like the soundtrack which is heavy on the mournful string instruments.

In general, nothing deep and nothing worth more than 1 playthrough, but well done and I haven't encountered any bugs. On this basis, I look forward to playing Game of Thrones, which is by the same studio.

I'm completely addicted to Sword of the Stars: The Pit right now. It's funny that I just installed a new high-end video card only to find myself playing a 2D turn-based crpg.

This game is truly fantastic though. Anyone who hasn't tried it yet needs to.

Van Helsing - easily the best action RPG i've played in years. Yes, I'm looking at you Diablo!

Easily my action RPG game of the year, the ghost companion lady Katerina adds a lot of fun, strategy, and convenience to the game. I may have to write actual review of this one

Last edited:
Just finished KOTOR. I was surprised I was able to get through it after unintentionally nerfing myself at the beginning. I didn't know you would be 'forced' to change career part way through... so I set my starting STR, CHA, and WIS to 8 to bump my DEX, CON, INT for a Scout. Still, Malek went down from my righteous blaster fire!

Haven't played DA:O since the last time :) Not quite sure I've given up on it, though.

Been playing Mafia 2 mostly - and I'm still enjoying it. The story and the characters are just great - and the writing is both plausible and interesting. I'm also very impressed by the visuals and the atmosphere. I loved how they changed from a charming winter atmosphere in the 40s - to a bright and vibrant summer in the 50s. It was almost like playing two different games.

Other than that, I've installed Batman AA - based on the recommendation here. Looks great and I could see myself getting into it again.

But I'm not playing all that much overall - more like dabbling. I've also reinstalled Battlefield 3 - and I still think it's the most impressive MP shooter to date. Fantastic in pretty much all ways.

It's just that I suck at team-based shooters :(

I'm bouncing between several different games right now, and I can't seem to make up my mind what I want to play.

I started a replay of Metro 2033. I enjoyed it the first time I played it, but it's even better now that I can run it on max settings and get 60 fps.

Also been messing around with Final Fantasy XII a bit. I'm playing the "International" rerelease that was a Japan exclusive and includes additional gameplay aspects that aren't present in the US or PAL versions. I'm using PCSX2 and an English translation patch for the text. Luckily, the voice acting is in English.

Also just started playing Shadow Warrior Classic Redux.

Back
Top Bottom