The UK is crumbling

But why is where you're from so damn important? Why is it perfectly ok to exclude pepole from other countries but not pepole from your own country? Why merely countries, why not states while we're at it? Or counties? Or cities? Commit a crime in Birmingham and you're allowed to visit all of UK, except for Birmingham.

Because it is your home. You have more of a right to it than someone that isn't from there. I am concerned first with making things right for my family, second for my neighbors, third for my countrymen and fourth for anyone else.

Excluding pepole who don't behave seems somewhat reasonable (you'd have a case, at least). But exluding foreign pepole who don't behave, that's discrimination.

Übereil

It is discrimination, but there is nothing wrong with it. Its simple, as a foreigner, you are a guest until you attain citizenship. The bar is set higher for you. Citizenship has its privileges.

Because it is your home. You have more of a right to it than someone that isn't from there. I am concerned first with making things right for my family, second for my neighbors, third for my countrymen and fourth for anyone else.
Agreed! I have to say that I am all for deporting immigrants with criminal record. If they can be rehabilitated, let their country of origin try to do it.

My life has lost all meaning. I mean could say I'm a bit tired of hearing about gangs of professional robbers who "commit up to 12 robberies a day" on the TV which inexplicably turn out to be composed of the aforementioned groups, which then get off the hook even if they do get to court, all because of blind mush-brained idiotheads who do not see that importing waves of immigrants from the most impoverished, war-torn, unsuccessful, failed states this planet has to offer isn't a good idea…

The fact that these states are impoverished, war-torn, unsuccessful and failed has nothing to do with centuries of Imperialism, though...

Sorry to hear that your life has lost all meaning, though, that's not pretty for anyone. Maybe try some voluntary work (seriously), it will help you to have another perspective than the media driven agenda, and hopefully contribute some meaning and a better sense of community

The fact that these states are impoverished, war-torn, unsuccessful and failed has nothing to do with centuries of Imperialism, though…
EDIT: The animated .gif that was posted crashed the thread for IE users, so it was removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are a bigot Glyph. Pure and simple.

The totalitarian White guilt ideology rears its ugly head once again. Note how the acolytes of this belief have absolutely no arguments beyond beaten-to-death cliches and insults.

"Bigot" is a definition. It's an insult only if not justified. Let's see if definition fits:
London has virtually turned into a Arab/Paki/African mish-mash playground.
all because of blind mush-brained idiotheads who do not see that importing waves of immigrants from the most impoverished, war-torn, unsuccessful, failed states this planet has to offer isn't a good idea
The totalitarian White guilt ideology rears its ugly head once again. Note how the acolytes of this belief have absolutely no arguments beyond beaten-to-death cliches and insults.

Yep, it fits!

"Bigot" is a definition. It's an insult only if not justified
It's a label. Easily thrown around to stifle all dissent. Then thrown around again. And again. And again. Coefficient of rational thought = 0.

Coefficient of rational thought? "Paki" is a racial slur which can get you arrested or can get you a smack in the mouth.

Last edited:
I was just using it as short for "Pakistani" with no malicious motives in mind. In any case, I've browsed your post history and discovered you have a tendency to post in a terse, unpleasant, confrontational, and arrogant manner, regardless of the topic being discussed at the time. Don't be surprised if this is the last post I will ever address to you, I'm not into conflict and e-penis waving.

I was just using it as short for "Pakistani" with no malicious motives in mind.
Your are either a Brit or you live in the UK or visited UK often. And you have used word "Paki" with no malicious motives in mind?
How does the saying go? "Pull the other one it's got bells on"

Last edited:
Because it is your home. You have more of a right to it than someone that isn't from there.

Why? It's only your home by coincidence. You've both done equally much to earn the right, so why should you have it but not them?

Übereil

Why? It's only your home by coincidence. You've both done equally much to earn the right, so why should you have it but not them?

Übereil

Being born somewhere gives you more of a right to some place than being born elsewhere. You may not like that, but it is the way of the world. We protect what is ours and no rational person could blame another person for that.

@Z WARNING - Glyphie is a self-confessed trollmaster, and much despised at the Codex. You know what they say you should do about trolls?

I try not to feed trolls Thrasher but I will always call bigot a bigot. Otherwise they might think that their bigotry went unnoticed or was (somehow) acceptable.

Well, unless he was banned for something else, it certainly shut him up :)

Reposting my response to "zahratustra" a couple of pixels above on this page:

I was just using "Paki" as short for "Pakistani" with no malicious motives in mind. In any case, I've browsed your post history and discovered you have a tendency to post in a terse, unpleasant, confrontational, and arrogant manner, regardless of the topic being discussed at the time. Don't be surprised if this is the last post I will ever address to you, I'm not into conflict and e-penis waving.

I spoke too soon.... :)

Back
Top Bottom