RoA: Blade of Destiny HD pulled from Steam (for now)

Kordanor

Wastelander
When checking my Steam Wishlist I realized that Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny HD was pulled from steam (well, I got the DLC on the wishlist).
To bring you up to speed: That was the remake which was released in a horrible condition and then improved for quite a while until it also received some decent reviews.
Personally I still don't like the clunky feel of the combat. But hey, that might change as it seems.

The reason why it was pulled from steam was not because of the state of the game of course, but because of Legal reasons as it seems.

It already happened about a month ago. But I didn't see it in the news anywhere. If I missed a newsbit about it - shame on me. ^^

You can find a thread over in the steam Forums

I will post the most interesting snippets of the Developer "Chris Firefox" here:
The reason for the pull from steam is that we as a developer ceased our publishing cooperation with UIG for good. There are some legal issues to be resolved, and as soon as they are, I will come back with an update. This has of course no effect whatsoever to your already bought game, you can play it regardless of whether it is available to be bought on Steam at the moment.

We do have a plan for the time "after-UIG", but the legal issues need to be resolved first before I can go into detail with that plan.

We have already collected and discussed a myriad of rule extensions and suggestions for making the combat more interesting, with more tactical options, better AI and so on. So the information for us is available and very interesting, rule-wise. But we have put actual work on all this to a halt until the legal issues are resolved.

So, if everything goes well, we might even get additional patches and improvements in the future. I might want to play this one after all. ^^

I missed the news as I haven't followed the game since the last DLC release.
So thanks for the information Korandor.:party:
Update: I made a news-bit to share the information, and linked to this thread.

Last edited:
I never noticed this. I was actually planning on buying it later, during a big sale and after a few more patches

You missed it. A DSA classics bundle was on sale at BundleStars for ca. 3$ for a couple of months. Included the classic trilogy, the new game, DLCs, sound track, etc.

Back
Top Bottom