Final Fantasy XV - Tech Demo

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
A DirectX 12 tech demo for Final Fantasy XV was shown at Microsoft's Build conference and shows the latest state of Square Enix's engine to handle facial animations.

More information.

This was actually already posted in another thread… and I think it is a tech demo of the engine used in FFXV not how FFXV will look as it runs on 4x titans.. it'll not run on consoles like that at all….

It's still new tech so using four titans shouldn't be surprising - there is no code optimization anywhere nor can be one yet.

And things like this definetly can't go on consoles. FF15 is not good news by itself, but Square Enix already proved they can squeeze out impressive stuff when they move their lazy arses and not concentrate only on CGI cutscenes (anyone noticed how Lara's hair in Tomb Raider reboot pwns all games that exist at the market?). I do expect seeing something from this demo in upcoming DX game. Hopefully, the game will excel also in storytelling, not just visuals.

I love looking at impressive tech that I'm too poor to use...

Maybe we should finally listen to the urge resisted thanks to our pure lazyness and buy a lottery ticket? :D

Any chance this game will be ported to PC ?
I wonder how good will this game be, the switch to real-time combat intrigues me.

Any chance this game will be ported to PC ?
I wonder how good will this game be, the switch to real-time combat intrigues me.
Don't worry, SE ports everything to PC. Even their phonegames, haha. :)

Just can't wrap my head around a game series where all the heroes seem to be between 12 and 19 years of age. Sorry.

Myrthos posting FF news posts? What did I miss?

Just can't wrap my head around a game series where all the heroes seem to be between 12 and 19 years of age. Sorry.

Prejudices, eh?
I played (never finished as it's too grindy for my taste) only FF13 where this character is 40:
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sazh_Katzroy

His son's age is not specified but is way younger than 12. Unlike Sazh however, his son is nonplayable character although relevant in the story.

I suggest finding a better reason not to play this game series.
My personal reason - abnormally annoying trashmob respawns. It's respawns even managed to make me forget about DA:bears temporarily.
For those who want unstoppable respawns games, playing FF13 will feel like christmas. Others? Stay away from FF13.

Anybody remembers the - then - beautiful Environmental Bump Mapping demo on GeForce many years ago? :)

Myrthos posting FF news posts? What did I miss?
Strange things are happening. Perhaps it is a sign that the end indeed is nigh.

Back
Top Bottom